Monday, October 19, 2009

11 month


My baby is almost not a baby anymore! She had her 11 month birthday on Oct 16th! I just am so sad to see her grow so fast! On the 17th my cousin Stephanie was killed in a car accident and it just makes me realize how precious life is and that I need to enjoy Kailie, Jared and everyone else in my life while I can because we never know when we might be gone!

(Hiking Kae'na Point at sunset)
We have been trying to enjoy this beautiful island while we are still here. There is just so much to do and see and not enough time to do it in. Here we are hiking Kae'na point, a nice hike right along the ocean! Of course, we did it at sunset which meant we were walking back on a holey trail in the dark. Thankfully our friends girl had a reading light in her pack so at least we could see a little bit!Kailie has discovered some fun new things this month! She loves to climb over things although sometimes we just think she doesn't realize that she can go around so she just goes over or under everything and then usually gets stuck and then cries until we help her!
We all went to the water park, Kailie of course had fun just playing in the kiddie pool. Her and Brinley have matching swimsuits!
Coming home from our San Diego trip Kai got super sick and a had a high fever. I loved it just because she was so cuddley and just wanted to be held all the time! A few days later this rash appeared so we figured she had Roselo which makes sense because we couldn't figure out why she had a fever but nothing else!
We gave her some Cauliflower soup and she LOVED it. We couldn't shovel it in fast enough for her and as soon as the spoon got to her mouth she would put her hand up in her mouth for some reason we still don't know but she sure loved it and made a mess as well.

One day she just discovered her tongue! She was playing with it and trying to stick it out, unfortunately the child is tongue-tied so it doesn't go out to far but she tried and then she drooled everywhere. The funny thing is she hasn't done it since.
Just kicking back in her seat after eating a full meal! I think we all wish we could do that!
Little miss attitude! I love this picture just because I think it is a glimpse of what she will do when she is older. In reality she was just looking away when I snapped the photo so it looks like she is rolling her eyes but she is too sweet to do that already, plus she hasn't quite figured that one out yet
Kai and Brin just playing at the beach. We bring the play pen to contain them because otherwise they just eat all the sand! Yummy! Kailie LOVES those rice rusks!

Some new things that she has learned include: waving and clapping, standing! Climbing! Maam, ddaa, more food, meat, cheese, milk! Roseollo, ,peek a boo, no no no,

1 comment:

Saundra said...

I love Kaena Point! There is a 10 mile run along that trail on the 4th of July. I did it twice, and I happened to be pregnant both times! I tried to get my kids to eat those rice rusks....nope. They prefer rice cakes - much messier of course. Eliza has a fascination with her tongue as well. She really likes it when we copy what she's doing with it. I hope I'll get to go into the San Diego temple someday! It is so beautiful!