Monday, November 9, 2009

We've got a Walker!

Kailie has this rule that she lives by which is she has to wait until Jared is gone away to do anything new like crawling and walking! The little stinker took her first steps today and of course Jared is in Palau so he missed it. She officially took her first steps during young women's today. I was just sitting there silently watching my baby girl take one step and then stop and then another step and then stop and then two more steps and I just wanting to yell out, Kailie just took her first steps but of course I couldn't do that right in the middle of the lesson so I just sat there quietly freaking out inside! Jared and I both knew that she would start walking while he was gone so it wasn't a huge surprise but man the girl just has the worst timing!
This video is mainly for Jared so he can see. I took it as soon as we got home from church so it is her second time walking and I must add that she is way faster this time, the first time she was so slow.
So here you go Babe, your baby girl will be walking all around the next time you see her!




This second video is a better shot of her whole body! Enjoy babe, we wish you were here with us! We love you!


8 comments:

Matt n' Jenni said...

How cute! When I saw her in sacrament meeting she looked like she was ready to take off. It just keeps getting more fun from here!

Beth said...

oh yay!!! so great. and I am so glad we got to see you guys last week, hopefully can again soon :)

Carolyn said...

So Fun - bummer for Jared to not be there! She will be on the run by the time he gets home. Can't wait to see Jared, Gina and Kai here in Utah!

Tyler, Janna, Lily, and Niki said...

Complete with Klingon face. I love it. Thanks for sharing these happy moments!

Aden & Jamie Hirtle said...

Ah, how cute! I want to meet your cute little girl! Are you guys going to be in Utah for Christmas? We will most likely be there.

Cory&SadieK said...

Kai is so cute!! I love to see her walk! How fun!! Poor Jared!

Saundra said...

Amazing! Where did this past year go?!?! Our babies are going to be 1 year old! Time needs to slow down.

Hunter's Run said...

Oh my gosh is your world about to get turned upside down! That is so cool. Sorry Jared. You'll have to settle for chasing her now.
Gina thank you so much for coming to Utah for Steph and for us. Jim keeps saying your are his favorite. It really ment a lot to have you there even if I didn't get to talk to you much. Steph so loved spending time with you and Jared. Now go get yem Kie.