Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Happy Easter!

 Easter was fun and low key here!! Earlier in the week Kai and I colored some eggs. It was fun and no surprise here when all of the eggs pretty much ended up being Pink, Kai's new favorite color!!
We held a little Easter Egg hunt at our house Saturday night and invited a few friends from around the neighborhood. 
 Here is the 3 year-olds patiently waiting their turn to start.
Last year we had to stay with Kai the whole time and pretty much point out every egg, this year she was all on her own and having a blast. Definitely not clueless anymore!
 Craziness!
 Found a load of mostly pink eggs!!


Here's a video of the all the fun!

The gang checking out their loot!
The weather has started to get really hot here like in the 90's most days but it cooled off over the weekend and this night was nice. It felt like a Utah summer night!! We got to enjoy it while we can. Soon it will be too hot to be outside at all!

Kai and Brin doing what they love best!
 These three sure have a lot of fun together!
The Easter Bunny and her offspring, no surprise there.
 Bunnies always are having babies right!

 Getting ready for church and checking out the Easter Basket.
 Enjoying new Easter clothes and the awesome weather!
There is that smile we all love. 
 Love these two!

Kai being her silly self as usual!
We have really been working with Kai on teaching her different things about the gospel. We read the scripture stories to her that have pictures. Most of the time she doesn't really pay attention but two stories have really intrigued her. The first is when King Benjamin talks about Christ his life and resurrection. Kai just loves hearing that part especially about Christ dying on the cross. She says all day long Christ died for me on the cross. With it being Easter we have been trying to teach her about the resurrection. I think she is grasping some of it. I asked her on Sunday after Sunbeams what she learned and she said that Jesus died for me on the cross and then he lived again!! She is so cute. The second story she loves is Abinadi. She loves to see the photo of him dying in the fire and then points at king Noah and says he bad. Every night she asks to see Jesus died and Abimidi. Don't know what her obsession is with dying lately but she always talks about my grandma dying and my cousin Steph as well. 
This kid is a total Blondie. We weren't sure there for awhile since his back hair was so red but over the past few weeks he has just completely lightened up. I must say that I have been kind of sad. When I look at him I feel as though I have a new baby. I look up at his baby pictures on the wall and all his dark hair. It is just really strange to me. I am sure in a few months it will be the opposite and will be weird to see his pictures with dark hair. Either way I love this little buddy of mine. He is so much fun and a delight to have in our family. 

1 comment:

Carolyn said...

Great pictures - McKean is getting so big already! I can't wait to hold him this summer. I love the Easter outfits.