Friday, February 15, 2013

First Time Skiing!

We have been wanting to take Kai skiing for the past couple of years but it just never worked out and we wanted her first time to be fun not freezing cold and miserable. So we took her up to Brighton on a Friday while we were in Utah!! We kept debating on whether or not to have her snowboard or ski and we felt since we were both snowboarding that she would probably want to be the same as us.
We definitely should have done ski's first. We learned that afterwards!! She did good, we put her in ski school for a couple of hours in the morning and then we met up with her for lunch and then went out together after. s
Jared and I got to go by ourselves for the morning. I was so nervous, it has been a long time since I snowboarded, but it was fun and I only fell getting of the lift the first couple of times. Jared was way faster than me since he is a machine and can do everything perfectly so we would go up together and then he would race down and go up again and then I would meet him at the bottom. I am not that slow but I just really wanted to work on my carving to remember it all!!
We stopped at the top to get a photo with Timp in the background. This is exactly where I used to work when I was a photographer up there and funny enough my old boss was the photographer there that day so we stopped and chatted with him and he kindly took this photo of us, even though I know it killed him to do it!!!  Sadly, I had this awesome so warm and comfy white gloves and I lost them somewhere from the parking lot to getting Kai to ski school. I was so bummed and we lost Kai's cute hat as well!
Jared had fun boarding!
Don't know why he is waving!!
Is Kailie in the there somewhere??
We were excited to go watch Kai for the end of her lesson but we got there and didn't see her anywhere. She got cold so they took her inside which is probably a good thing because her blood sugar was really low when we picked her up.
 Poor thing!!

The first run was hard. We have never taught a child before and Jared was getting really frustrated. It is hard with your own board on teach some one. It took them forever to get from up here to me!!
Jared finally just took off his board and tried to help her that way!! He wanted to quit after that one run but I made them keep going and they actually ended up having a lot of fun and she got on a little bit!

He would stand her up and then she would go down quite far and then sit down and stop!!
The awesome thing was she really didn't have any fear!



 Here she goes!!!





I love this!!

She did make me super nervous about running into something since she can't steer herself to well or stop very fast!!

She looks like she getting ready for a jump!!
Getting on the lift!

Good thing Daddy's are there to help us!!

The last run she was getting cold and tired and was pretty much done!!

Good Job little Kai Kai!! Mommy and Daddy are so proud of you!!
Next time we will try Ski's!!

No comments: