Monday, April 21, 2014

Arizona and Easter!

We were able to go to Arizona over Easter week. Jared picked up some shifts and Teana was coming down to Alaska so we turned it into a fun family vacation. The first three days we spent in Phoenix with Jared while he worked. On Sunday we headed out to the new Gilbert Temple. It was a Beautiful Temple. 


These two never want to hold still!
But they do love to have their picture taken!



I love our tradition of seeing as many temples as we can. Hopefully our temple wall will overflow with temple photos!

Playing around the grounds!

Say the password in order to continue!
We stayed at a really nice resort in Scottsdale so we decided to go back to this awesome train park. Love this park!

This time we got there early enough to ride the train!
Our hotel had this huge patio/balcony! It was kind of funny because it was basically connected to our neighbors so we had zero privacy on it. The kids wanted to try and sleep out here, we let them attempt it once but it was so light so late they wouldn't go to sleep!

Cuddles with Daddy!
The resort had different activities every day. This day we made some traditional Indian necklaces. Kai did a great job making hers by herself. I had to make Keans.

The resort had some really fun pools and a real sand beach. It was still a little cold but we still had fun!
This kid can jump into the pool forever!






Nice Jump Kai. 


Covering the water spouts up!

Life was awesome when we discovered the hot tubs! This kid couldn't get enough, he is always cold!

We had to beg Daddy to get in this cold pool to play basketball. It was totally worth it!

This kids loves playing Basketball!

Go Kai Go!


Swish!
Can we do it at the same time?


Kai figured out an easier way to do it!

They had a really fun slide that Kai and Jared loved!

We had a great little mini vacation here. Jared had to work every night but it was still fun to just be away from home. 
On Wednesday we headed down to Tuscon to stay with Aunt Jenn and Uncle Kelly in their new home. Teana and I drove down there together. It was fun to all hang out again together. We went to this real habitat zoo. It was fun, I loved this cute little stroller they had for McKean to ride in. Totally reminded me of an old time stroller. He was so cute in it! 

This cougar was awesome. He was totally tracking something. We were all so mesmerized by him that we didn't realize that we were missing a certain 2 year-old named Jonas. Jenn was gone nursing the baby and the rest of us headed in to see all the snakes and reptiles. After that we split, Robyn took all the big kids in through a cave and down and Kelly, Teana, Kelly's Dad and I took McKean and Lydia down. I just assumed that Robyn had Jonas because I had stopped to go the bathroom when they split off. After we met up we were looking at this cougar when I looked around and realized that Jonas was not with us. Kelly and I took off searching for him. It is scary because it is just open desert. We weren't sure if headed back to the buildings or off out in the desert. I headed to the store to see if anyone had found a 2 year-old when I heard a security guard ask if anyone was missing a 2 year-old. They had found him out in the parking lot, super scary and had had him for 15 min and had called the police. They weren't going to let Kelly take him but they did. It was crazy! So glad he was okay!
When we got back to this cougar after finding Jonas, I noticed that it was tracking me. If I moved it moved, it was super creepy and really cool all at the same time!
Our Crew!
These two girls were so excited to be back together again! They sure have fun together just like their Mommy's!

This fox or Coyote,  I can't remember which totally freaked me out at first. It is hard to see the fence and it came charging straight at us. It followed us around it's whole area. 


A Road Runner!
I was so amazed by all the beautiful cactus. I didn't even know that cactus bloom. This purple and yellow one was beautiful!



Kai's sugars were nuts this day. She was super high so I gave her a shot, she ate some on the walk around and after it said she was like 50. She said she didn't feel low at all and so I checked her again and it said she was over 300. I had no clue what to do or which to believe. So annoying! This two loved riding these little brass pigs!
The scariest thing happened the first day we got to Jenn's The kids were all just hanging out and McKean was walking in the kitchen. He tripped over something and fell and smacked his head on the tile. I picked him up immediately and he just completely seized up on me. It was the scariest thing I have ever seen. I freaked out and started yelling what do I do? Teana ironically grabbed him out of my arms and he started to come to. Jared of course was still in Phoenix, I called him immediately. Kean was white as ghost and I just held him for along time. I was so worried he might have a concussion. That whole night I kept waking him and asking him if he was okay. So scary!!
We were there for Easter Weekend so we dyed some Easter Eggs. 
All the kids joined in and had fun!
Even baby Lydia tackled some eggs!
The older ones were all about it!
Showing off their pretty eggs!

We decided to head over to one of their pools in their community. It was freezing!
Ava and Kai were determined to get in!

They jumped in and swam across the pool!


All smiles even though it was cold. 
Then the hopped into the hot tub!


Lydia even loved playing in it for a bit!
Jenn and Kelly were right in the middle of building a pool in the backyard. It  was just a basin but the kids had fun running around and playing in it!


Kailie loved baby Graham!
We did an Easter Egg hunt down at a park area.
The kids were excited about their Easter baskets!


Time to get ready to hunt!

This is the best group shot we got!!

The little ones got to go first. It took McKean a few minutes to figure out what to do but then he was off and loving it. 


The big kids waited patiently for their turn!
Kean had a blast, searching for eggs!

Showing off their finds!

Lots of treats!

McKean definitely loved his candy!

Blowing and chasing bubbles!

These two are going to be such good friends. Love Jonas's hat!



Kelly and Alan try to fly the kite!
McKean played Frisbee forever. That kid rocks with the Frisbee. Never seen a 2-year-old throw it so well. 

Perfect!

The sky was beautiful!
A guys came by with a bunch of dogs. The girls loved these two dogs. Good thing they were nice!


We took a walk down to their nice community center and lake. 
Right as we started to walk around the lake it started raining! So we decided to head back home!
Bath time is so much fun with friends!
Kailie lost her first Tooth while we were there. After months of it being loose and months of me being sad and the new one already grown almost completely in it finally came out. She was so excited. We wrote a note to the tooth fairy asking if she can keep her first tooth to save it. This was Ava's idea and Kai was so excited. The tooth fairy came, gave her 4 quarters and left her tooth for her! 
These two loved getting to have a sleepover together! The giggled and were silly till who knows when!

Oh Best Friends!
Silly girls!

Easter Sunday we were flying home but we wanted to go to church before we headed back to Phoenix. The kids all looked so pretty in their Easter clothes!



Bennett was with his Grandparents so we missed him!
Our cute little family!
Love these two girls and love that they have each other! 


Our three little mini's. Mini Jenn, Mini Me, Mini Teana!

My two silly kiddos!


McKean and Jonas, two little buddies!


No comments: