
In honor of nie nie, I wanted my first post to honor my Mr. Darcy. I just watched Pride and Prejudice for the first time this past week and loved it. I seriously watched it about 4 times, one because I had a hard time understanding the old English and two just because I loved it. My Mr. Darcy is my hubby Jared or for this post Mr. Theler.
When Mr. Theler and I started dating I thought to myself "this guy is not at all what I was expecting in a husband but at the same time exactly what I was looking for. You know how growing up you always have a list of your perfect guy and the things on the list are all superficial and crazy, well I had that list but as I got older I began to realize that those things were not important. But crazy enough Mr. Theler came with those things on my list plus much much more!
My list:
1. He had to be Handsome(of course)
2. Have a strong testimony and same beliefs as me
3. Able to be married in the temple
4. Play the guitar and sing
5. Have lots of siblings because I only had one and I wanted my kids to have lots of cousins like I did
6. A fun family
7. Be outdoorsy and active
8. Has to like to play games
9. Has the same goals in life (humanitarian missions, serving people)
10. Love sports
This is the list that I had in high school and it is amazing that Mr. Theler can check all these off.
The unexpected part:
I say that Mr. Theler was not all what I was expecting because of a few things that I never thought I would marry.
1. Soldier in the Army
2. Stationed in Hawaii
3. A doctor( I know most girls would love to marry a doc. but I never did, it seems like they worked a lot and I am not a big fan of "Titles".)
I never in a million years would have dreamed that I would be an Army wife or live so far away from my family but I love being married to Mr. Theler and am so excited to celebrate our 2nd anniversary next week.
I love you Mr. Theler and miss you soooo much since you are away from me at the moment. I am excited to share the rest of my life and eternity with you!
1 comment:
Happy Anniversary! I'm glad you have a blog now so I can keep in better touch.
Post a Comment