Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Precious Moments, Merely Memories


As I was digging through some old photos I found this one of my dog Puttchee when he was just a wee little pup. I have had it sitting on my kitchen table for the past few weeks and every time I saw it I would experience two emotions, the first, happiness at how stinking cute he is and then sadness because I wish so badly that I could go back to that time and hold him, squeeze him, love him and hug him. He was so little and by the far the cutest puppy ever(I might be a little biased but honestly just look at that adorable little face).


As I have been preparing to meet our little baby, I can't help but think about Puttchee and how all of the sudden he is 7 years old and on the downhill side of his short dog life(sadly). 7 years, it has already been 7 years, I am in complete shock and just have this feeling that all to quickly my little baby girl will be 7 years old and all I will have is pictures of her as a wee little babe and will have this wish to go back in time so I can hold her, squeeze her, love her and hug her. So my hope this week is that we all take the time to relish in the moment, take full advantage of the time we have and not waste any minute because before we know it time will have gone by and Precious Moments will have become Merely Memories.
(this post is dedicated to Jared because he loves Puttchee so much)

(Puttchee today)