Monday, December 8, 2008

Remembering Pearl Harbor!

(Flags for each servicemen killed with Arizona Mem. in Background)

(Submarine entering Pearl with the crew looking at Arizona Mem.)

Yesterday was the 67th anniversary of the attack on Pearl Harbor. We live only a mile from the Harbor and it was neat to hear the jets fly over at the moment the attack happened. We decided to take Kailie over there to get a picture in front of the Arizona seeing as she was named after Pearl Harbor. We always wanted to give our baby a middle name from here in Hawaii and Pearl Harbor is very special to me. It is the whole reason I moved here and from that met Jared. I lived on Pearl for 6 months and loved it. It is such a special place to me and I hope that Kailie and her generation will learn about what happened here and remember it.
I am grateful for all the people who were here 67 years ago and fought for our freedom. May we all always remember their sacrifice for us!

2 comments:

Emily and Mike said...

Gina,
You look great having just given birth! Wow, are you already back in your normal clothes? Your little family is so cute, I am so happy for you all!

Lacey Ence said...

Hi Gina and Jared,
The whole Harbor tribute is darling. My Dad was a young 19 year old who was on the 1st ship into Pearl Harbor a day or so after the attack. His group spent months cleaning up Pearl Harbor. I guess I am also sentimental. The baby looks so great!Love Lacey