
We had a really great Memorial Day despite the fact that Jared was on call!
We started the day off by all three of us sleeping in and just relaxing. Which was so nice!!
(By the way Kailie does not usually sleep with us just when we all sleep in and by sleeping in I mean we were up at 7:30.)
We started the day off by all three of us sleeping in and just relaxing. Which was so nice!!
(By the way Kailie does not usually sleep with us just when we all sleep in and by sleeping in I mean we were up at 7:30.)

Then Jared headed to the hospital while Kailie and I headed to the USS Missouri or the Mighty Mo. Which is a battleship that was damaged at Pearl Harbor during the attack and then went on to be where the Japanese finally surrendered. It is a gigantic ship and it was really interesting to learn more about it. Definitely a great way to start Memorial day by remembering our past!
Then it was off to Hickam Beach where we played in the water and my friend Jenny and I finally got to try paddle boarding. Which is a surfing/kayaking sport that we have been wanting to try. It was fun and hard and I was even a little sore the next day and we were only on flat water, you are supposed to do it on waves. Maybe next time!


Kailie had fun and finally discovered sand for the first time. The jury is still out to whether or not she likes it but at least she didn't try to eat it..... Yet!!!
Then it was time to swim because man was it HOT!! It is getting super hot and humid here so we decided it was time for Kailie to go into the ocean. She didn't cry so I take that to mean that she liked it. Although we don't think she loved the waves hitting her back but besides that we think she is going to live up to her name which translated is Ocean Harbor.
We ended the day by hanging out with friends and having a BBQ at Jenni and Matt's house. Thanks Steele's for inviting us along to all your fun activities! It was a great, relaxing day!



3 comments:
Gina, your baby is too cute! I'm excited for her and Sam to play! We're jealous you guys are having so much fun in Hawaii, we love that place!
How fun that you paddle boarded!!! I saw people doing that in kauai when It was terribly choppy, wavy, crazy water and it looked so hard. I'm glad that you have such good friends there in Hawaii-love, love love.
I love the sun hats on Jared and Kai! Looks like you are all enjoying Hawaii. Can't wait to see you in a few weeks!
Post a Comment