Monday, May 11, 2009

Mother's Day!!

We had a great Mother's Day! It is weird how all of the sudden Mother's Day took on a whole new meaning and feeling! Jared got up early and cleaned the kitchen even though he was super sick, on call and was flying to Seattle a few hours later. It was so nice of him , then he surprised me with a card from the Kai Kai and a few presents, a mom and baby pilates video which will come in handy when I teach pilates to women from church who all have babies and the Jon and Kate book from Surviving to Thriving. The biggest gift though was kind of spur of the moment. I have been wanting a wheat grinder since we've been married and last Saturday we went to our stake Being Prepared Expo. I guess Jared started talking to our ward specialist about grinders so when he got home he went straight to the computer looked them up saw they were having a free shipping weekend due to Mother's Day and walaa we now will have a way to grind up our wheat if we are ever in an emergency plus now we can have whole wheat any time we need it! I am pretty excited! The church leaders out here really stress being prepared and we our slowly getting everything, if you aren't prepared I suggest you get started, you never know when you might need to be!
All in all it was a great day even with Jared having to fly out. I love being a mom and never expected it to be so fun!!
I mean how could you not love being a mom when you get to play with this all day!
Happy Mother's Day everyone!!

3 comments:

Andrea and Justin said...

Thanks for making my Mother's Day better with Dinner. I hope you have fun in Utah!

Christy said...

Totally Cute!

Grandma Carolyn said...

it was so great to see the three of you in Utah. I wish it could have been longer. I'm glad you had a good Mother's Day. You're right about being lucky to be able to spend your day with Kai!