Monday, December 14, 2009

Party Time!!

How you celebrate a November Birthday in Utah!!

You get to be surrounded by family, cousins and good friends!
Everyone wears sweaters , pants , shoes while you get sung Happy Birthday .You get to have both Mommy and Daddy there!

You get to eat yummy cake with lots of sugar!!Uummm Uummm Good!! I think we have a sugar lover! Then you get to get all dressed up in layers and layers of clothes to go see the Christmas lights and temple square!!

The Utah Cake:



I have become obbessed with cake lately, while I was pregnant I started watching cake shows and so I have been excited to make Kai's cakes for her. They are nothing to fancy but they were fun to make. For the family party Jared and I decided that we will always have the rest of the family decorate the cake with things that they love about the person and for the friend party it will be a more fun cake!
The things on this cake included:
Water girl
Bite
Klingon
Mellow Yellow
Toy Hider
Mr. Burns
Squirt
Everything when Dad is gone
Sweet Cry
Eat
Tags
Boobs(Jared put that on because Kai LOVES to nurse)


How you celebrate a November Birthday in Hawaii:

For starters you team up with your buddy Brinley
and have a Pool party together!
And then you get to go swimming!
Even in the cold pool water!

With lots of fun friends who mostly played in the Hot Tub
and wore swimsuits and barefeet!

Then you get to eat lots of yummy cake again!!
Kailie is crying because I pushed the cake away while we sang, she didn't like that and maybe because she was sad her Daddy wasn't there!Taking time just enjoying the cake!
After Kailie had been eating her cake forever and very neatly I decided to just help her out a little bit!
Don't Worry!!
She loved it!!

We were all commenting how this will probably be her only birthday pool party since it is November, actually December after all!

The Hawaii Cakes:

Kailie's very neat area that she ate!


I had a really fun time making the decorations for these cakes. My good friend Cameo taught me how to make these using Royal Icing. It was fun and definitely something that I am still learning and working at but maybe by the time Kailie graduates High School I will have mastered it.
The theme was ocean animals just in case you hadn't figured that out. Very fitting for a girl who's name is ocean and who loves water!

3 comments:

Saundra said...

Very cool! I love the different birthdays. Lucky girl!

Carolyn said...

Great blog - so many fun pictures to remember the fun times. Your cakes are already great. She must take after Jared with liking sugar! Although his favorite was donuts. It was so great having you here in Utah for Thanksgiving and being able to celebrate Kai's first birthday! YEH!

Haines Family said...

You are my inspiration as a blogger! That's all I can say. What a treasure to see all those darling pictures...

Rachael:)