Friday, September 16, 2011

Bed Less


Sleeping with her beloved Ruf bear between her legs!
 This poor child has been bedless and essentially homeless for the past three months. We left New York the end of June traveled across the country for a week, spent 10 days in a hotel, 2 nights in our house without any of our stuff. Then after our things were delivered we discovered that the movers lost a bunch of the screws for her crib which she was still happily sleeping in and they also lost all of the slats for the toddler bed we had just recently got. So she got to continue sleeping in a small playpen.  Then we went to Utah for a month and moved from house to house, playpen to playpen. Thank goodness she is a good sleeper and just goes with the flow.

 Her first time sleeping not in a crib besides our bed. When we first got to TX, she was really sick and was up all night every night for over a week. We were still in a hotel at the time and were all completely exhausted so I finally got the brilliant idea of putting a movie on for her so she could watch in the middle of the night and Jared and I could get some sleep. She loved it and insisted on sleeping on the couch the rest of the time we were there. She only fell off a couple of times surprisingly.

Once we got into the house she would find any place she could to sleep like our rolled up carpet!
Or just straight on the super Hard hard wood floor!
She even tried the baby's Bassinet!
Of course after hearing her playing around in the room forever I went in and made her move to the blow up mattress we had up.

Of course I am not sure if that was much better for her.
Seriously, that cannot be comfortable?
Once we got back to TX, Jared made some new slats for her toddler bed and she finally got to sleep in her very small Big Girl Bed and she also finally got to sleep in her new room! Which is purple of course!
She was so excited and kept saying that she was so big!!
I am sad that she is so big but loving her at this stage. She is so fun and definitely keeps me entertained all day!! I am cherishing these last weeks we have together just the two of us before the baby comes. She is my buddy and sidekick. Everywhere I go she goes too and when I am out without her I miss her like crazy!! I wish we could just freeze time and keep her at this cute innocent fun stage forever.  
Love you little Big Girl!

4 comments:

Cory&SadieK said...

I love all those bed shots! That's super fun-she'll cherish that post when she's older. These little kids getting so big!!!

emilydeardeuff said...

Those pictures are hilarious! She must get her being able to sleep practically standing up from being the daughter of a doctor (;

Aden & Jamie Hirtle said...

Wow, she really can sleep anywhere. And she looks happy about her little beds too.

Carolyn said...

What a great blog - the pictures are terrific. I am so excited I can even see them! I finally got my VPN working so I can access blogs from China!

You are lucky she is such a great sleeper - hopefully, the baby will be a good sleeper also!