Friday, September 16, 2011

36 and Coming Fast!

I cannot believe I am already 36 weeks!!! AAHHH I am seriously starting to freak out!! I feel so unprepared for this baby and especially for the birthing part!! At this point in my pregnancy with Kai, I was put on bedrest and told that they would be delivering her the following week. How am I already to that  point??

37 weeks with Kai!
I definitely feel that this baby is bigger than Kai was and I think that I look bigger. I know that I have gained more weight so hopefully the baby actually gets some of it this time although I am definitely not opposed to delivering a smaller baby again!! The past few weeks I have really started to get uncomfortable and this past weekend my feet actually swelled up which totally freaked my out. I had none of this with Kai so now I understand what everyone always talks about how uncomfortable they are at the end and can't wait to get the baby out.

I have an appointment on Tuesday, here's to hoping that everything is good and I can have the next few weeks to get more settled, prepare for the birth, buy a crib, spend time with Kailie and maybe even actually pick out a name for the little man growing in my belly!!

Any advice on natural childbirth?? I am a little scared!

5 comments:

Theler said...

Yay!!! I am so excited for you and your cute little boy!

I have no advice to give on natural childbirth since I totally wimped out!

I think for me part of the problem was I knew the epidural was an option so maybe if you don't make it an option you will do much better than me.

Good luck with everything. We pray for you and your little baby everyday! We love you!

Sarah Jarvis said...

Gina! Wow. I can't believe you are this far along either! Congratulations! You look fantastic! I am so excited for you! Well, with only 4 weeks to go that is not a lot of time to prepare for hypno-birthing (has NOTHING to do with hypnosis but everything to do with a natural, pain free birthing process) but you should read the book anyway. I read it too late with Max as well but it still worked and I could use some of the advice.
Good luck! We can't wait to see pics of the little guy and hear how it all went!

Aden & Jamie Hirtle said...

You're getting so close! I can't wait to see pics of your little man! You still look so tiny!

Carolyn said...

My advice - see how it goes. The epidural is always an option and so much better than they used to be! I had five of the six natural. Practice your breathing - I am sure there are some good books out there to read, but you don't have a lot of time for that. I took the old Lamaze classes - I can't say if they helped or not. My labors were always fairly fast, except for James! We are keeping you in our prayers! Love Carolyn

Chrissy said...

You look great Gina! We can't wait to see pictures of your little man! Kailie is so grown up and beautiful as well! Get some rest these last few weeks!!!!