Sunday, December 25, 2011

Christmas

We had a very low key Christmas this year!! 
Christmas Eve we just hung out together as a family! 
Kailie being Kailie!
  Poor McKean! 
Don't worry no babies were hurt doing this shot. Maybe this is how he learned how to rollover so fast!
So fun to have Kids for Christmas!!
 
Say Cheese!
Now we know where Kailie gets her eating skills from!

Checking out the Christmas lights and probably hoping that the tree will at least provide some protection from his big sister!

We make Chocolate Nativities for our friends and Neighbors every year. This year we had some left over so we got them out as we read the Nativity story and "acted" it out using the figures. It was fun and I think Kailie actually might have paid some attention and then at the end we got to eat them. 
It was fun and I think we will make it our Christmas Eve tradition!
Then we let Kai open up one present Jammies of course and off to bed. I don't think she quite grasps the whole idea of Christmas yet but she is getting there.
Christmas Morning. 
Waiting on the stairs to see what Santa brought us!

Santa brought Kailie a Scooter!! Awesome!!
She loves it! And she always says Santa brought me a scooter!
Santa brought McKean a Bumbo!
Horray!! I think he likes it!
I have been working on his stocking sine the beginning of December. Usually I start on them earlier but I just didn't have the chance so the last couple weeks before Christmas I stayed up late every night to work on it and finished Christmas Eve. Jared wanted to do the Cowboy Santa since Kailie's is the Hawaii Santa which is great but now I have no clue what our next kids will get!!

I was hoping maybe he would fit in it like Kai. 
No such luck.

 
Kailie got yogurt raisin, underwears and a vibrating toothbrush that lights up which was a huge hit and still is. It is a must now to brush her teeth in the dark.

We decided to keep Christmas very low key. One Santa gift, one gift from us and one family gift. This was her gift from us. 
The Chipmunks!! 
She loves the chipmunk movies so I just knew she would love these guys and she does!! 

She also got a pink lamp for her room. She has been wanting to "read" by herself every night and was using our small little headlamp so I thought it was about time for her to upgrade to a normal lamp.

Time for church! 
It was kind of weird to get all ready just for one hour!!

I just can't get over how cute these two are. 
I know I am biased but man I love having them in my life.
  They make life so much more fun (most of the time)!!

We had dinner at the Cragun's which was nice and super low key then it was home to pack and get ready to fly to Utah in the morning! 
Overall, this was a really great Christmas. It wasn't all about gifts and we were able to help out some kids who are in need which was definitely mine and Jared's favorite part and Kailie seemed to like it as well. I kept telling her we were buying gifts for kids who didn't have Mommies or Daddies and she kept saying it. Hopefully some of it sank it, but if not there is always next year! 

1 comment:

Carolyn said...

Great Christmas pictures, it is just crazy that it is already then end of February and I'm just getting to look at these. I love the stocking, and I'm glad he didn't fit into it - Kai was so little. Where did you get molds for a Christmas nativity scene? Great fun - great tradition! Of course, I love anything chocolate.