People are always asking about McKean's name, where we came up with it, etc. So I thought I would share.
For starters McKean is Jared's middle name. When we first got pregnant with Kailie we talked about the name McKean for a boy and over the past three years the name really grew on us.
But the name Mckean goes back a lot further than that! Jared's paternal Grandma Lillian's maiden Name is McKean! When we were in Utah over Christmas Jared's dad Jack shared with us a presentation he had put together for his class about four families and how they were apart of WWII. It was a really awesome presentation and I learned a lot about Jared's extended family. It was also really great to learn more about the name McKean and the people we named our son after.

This is Jared's grandparents families. Bob McKean is the man focused on in this presentation.
Sounds like a great man to me.
The name also goes back even further.
There is a McKean who signed The Declaration of Independence and while we were in Boston last year we came across this sign at the entrance to Harvard University! We don't know if we are related but still cool to see!
His middle name Austin is after the City here in Texas. A city which we had never really been too but we wanted to continue like Kai and give a middle name that has something do with where they were born. Antonio just didn't seem right nor do we love this city. We just went to Austin this past weekend and I loved it. It is a really cool place and I am glad we gave him that name. We debated between McKean Austin or McKean Gardner after my maiden name but we thought three last names was a little much. So we better have another boy so we can give him the middle name Gardner.
His middle name Austin is after the City here in Texas. A city which we had never really been too but we wanted to continue like Kai and give a middle name that has something do with where they were born. Antonio just didn't seem right nor do we love this city. We just went to Austin this past weekend and I loved it. It is a really cool place and I am glad we gave him that name. We debated between McKean Austin or McKean Gardner after my maiden name but we thought three last names was a little much. So we better have another boy so we can give him the middle name Gardner.
So that is where we got McKean's name.
I Love it and hope he does as well.
He's got some big shoes to fill!


1 comment:
That's cool to have such a history behind his name! Thanks for sharing.
Post a Comment