Sunday, April 7, 2013

Easter

We had some fun leading up to Easter. The Friday before we watched the Keck kiddos and we made cookies and dyed our Easter eggs.
Daddy showing them how it is done!

On Easter morning we did a little Scavenger Easter Egg hunt, each egg had some clues in it which lead them to their baskets. Kai was funny, when she found her baskets, she didn't even notice them she was just looking for another egg.
We kept the baskets simple. A couple of books, a plant to grow and some bubbles. We figured she got enough candy from all of the Easter Egg hunts that we didn't give her anymore.
McKean got a few books and an Easter bib from my parents.
He looked so cute in his little Easter outfit. Unfortunately, these are the only photos I got of him. Right as we got home from church, Jared ran in to grab the camera so we could get some photos, meanwhile McKean proceeded to throw-up all over the garage and himself. It has been going around and I knew it was coming our way. Ironically, I kept telling everyone that we probably would get it on Easter and sure enough. Poor kid, threw-up 6 times in an hour and a half. I was so overwhelmed by it all and just felt so helpless. What do you with a one year old who won't sit still but keeps throwing up. 
I did snap a few quick ones of Kailie in her cute little Easter dress.
I have a picture of me doing almost this exact same smile/squint!
Beautiful girl. Our friends the Cragun's little girls both had this dress. 
It made Kai so excited and happy to match someone!
That evening we had plans to have dinner and do an Easter egg hunt at the Widdison's brand new house. I decided Kai and I would still go and Daddy graciously stayed home with McKean. Here is all the kiddos waiting while all the Dad's hid the eggs. Left to right:Boston Fitzgerald, Levi Cragun, Troy Cragun, Kylie Reeve, Lilly Cragun, Beckham Reeve, Cooper Widdison, Brinley Keck, Kailie, McKenzie Cragun, Josie Widdison, Savannah Keck.

Funny Faces!


Time to hunt!



Kai shows off her loot.
Kai finding an Egg.
Side note: All this girlie wants to where all day are these skirts and leggings. Everyday!! I only have four so we do a lot of wash!!
 She loves them!!
Showing off the silver egg full of money!
Boston and Kylie show off their loot!

Pregnant twiners, Heather and Andrea almost ready to pop, just a few more weeks!

The kids all loved their playground!

Stacie giving the boys a ride on the swing!
The babies, minus sweet McKean take their turn on the swing!
I was bound and determined not to let anything ruin our Easter plans. Easter is just not our holiday. Kai spent her first real Easter in the hospital having just been diagnosed and then McKean spent his throwing up. What is next year going to bring???

No comments: