My friends Andrea and Stacie talked me into signing up for the Beach to Bay Marathon Relay Race. I was so not excited for the actual race part of the trip especially because I have been having a bunch of knee issues but I am so glad I did it. The race was down in Corpus Chrisi on the coast so it was really hot and humid but thankfully there was a good breeze that kept the heat in check a little bit! It was fun and crazy and I got the best leg of the relay. I got the first one, which was on the beach basically at sunrise and was only 3.4 miles. Poor Jared had the last leg of the race in the heat of the day and it was 4.98 miles. He said it wasn't too bad because of the breeze!!
At the switch point for the 2nd runner.
Most of these people are all waiting for their runner so I was not too slow!!
This is the dorkiest photo of me but it is the only one I have. My shirt is rising up and my knee looks all funky but it is proof that I ran in a marathon!!
After we were all done with the race we headed to the beach. The exact same beach that I had to run on in the race.
Kean spent his time playing in the sand, literally. He had no interest in playing in the water and he just threw sand the whole time!!
Kai spent most of her time in the water boogie boarding or just playing around!
I told Kean to hop on the boogie board and so I could give him a ride. This is what he did. It was so funny. He just layed there forever. Um, don't think that is going to get you very far little buddy!!
I seriously love this kid. He is so funny!!!
Give a kid a bucket, shovel, sand and water and he set for a long time!
Stacie and Beckham. They are just one month apart!!
Uh-oh looks like someone got caught in the waves!!
He held that shovel until we had to leave!
He just threw the sand in the shovel, over and over again!!
Kai and her friend Kylie. They have the same name and very similar personalities. The first two years here they just fought a ton but now they get along pretty well. Finally out growing being mean!!
Too much fun to stop for a picture!
After being tossed in the waves a few times he was done. He was cold and tired and just wanted to cuddle with Momma!!
I love his cuddles. I just want to capture that feeling and hold onto it forever!
Brett and Jared chatting it up!
Cuddle bug!!
Oh I love him!!
The beach I ran on. The end of my leg was right under the pier.
Crawling like a dog!!
Time to go out and catch some waves!
Kylie wasn't as fond of the boogie boards as Kai was but at the end Jared got her catching a couple that she liked!
Kai showing off her boogie boarding skills!!
It was so nice to have these two get along!
Me and Stacie with our two little guys!! They will probably be pretty good friends when we move but right now they don't really associate with each other!!




No comments:
Post a Comment