Friday, September 20, 2013

Birthday and San Diego

Jenn and I have been trying to plan a girls trip for awhile now and we finally did it. Chris joined us which was so great, I haven't seen her for a couple of year. We went San Diego, flew in Thursday and went back home Sunday. It was a great 3 days. Minus the last night that was a little crazy when Gail and Jaime got home who's place we were staying at. We tried to go to the temple but it was closed for maintenance. Such a bummer. It is such a beautiful temple. 

We did go to La Jolla to Seal beach and watched the seals for a while. 
All the seals on the rocks. 

Climbing through an arch to go see some more seals. 


It was so weird to do stuff like this without having to worry about kids. It was nice and especially for me to have a break from diabetes. I was definitely having diabetes burnout, but at the same time I had such extreme guilt and sadness because I know that Kailie will never get a break from diabetes and that breaks my heart. 

After the seals we got some yummy Acai bowls and hung out on the beach. Watching people swim in the freezing water. It was so nice to just sit and relax. 

We also went to Sea World on my Birthday. It was fun, I first went to Sea World with Jenn back when we were way younger so it was fun to go back with her. Sea World San Diego is way cooler than our Sea World here in San Antonio. 

It was kind of a chilly day and we had already done the Atlantis ride where we got a little wet. We thought hey it was the end of the day so we decided to go for one more ride and choose the water ride. The first time down was fine it was fun and we got a little wet but not bad so we decided to go one more time. Oh Boy, we got soaked. It was hilarious. We were dying laughing. Such good times.  

The last time we all were together was in Vegas back in 2011 in January. I wasn't feeling the best, I got the flu and Chris and Jenn kept asking me if I was pregnant I wasn't but a couple weeks later I did get pregnant with McKean. This trip again I got car sick a couple of times and didn't feel great. Again they both totally thought I was pregnant, Jenn was pregnant with her surprise 4th. I wasn't but was starting to wonder. Then a couple of weeks later I did get pregnant. So now the joke is that if I want to get pregnant I need to go hang out with Chris and Jenn!! 
It was a great trip, we ate some good food, played lots of Yahtzee where Chris taught us the way Grandpa White used to play. It is so much more fun his way. 
 Saturday Night Gail and Jaime got home way earlier than we expected and were not to happy about some stuff. Then that night Jenn, Gail and Chris kind of got into some deep conversations that have been a long time coming. It was a little crazy and super uncomfortable but that is family sometimes. The next morning Jenn and Chris took off driving home super early leaving me to hang out with Jamie and Gail all by myself. Well Gail ended up being sick so Jaime and I headed out to tour some great spots in San Diego and then went to lunch at this great little cafe called Swamis. It was nice but I was definitely ready to get to the airport and fly home to my little munchkins who I missed so much. This was my first time leaving McKean for longer than overnight so I was really miss them and ready to be home. But man is that place beautiful, if it wasn't part of California we would move there in a heartbeat! 


No comments: