Friday, November 8, 2013

Girls Trip LA

I got to go on a girls trip with the Theler women minus Jaime who was running a race. We went to LA and it was so much fun! I had just found out I was pregnant but we hadn't told them yet so I was hoping not to be too sick while I was there. I did get super car sick one time but besides that it was okay! We went to the Newport Beach temple. Most of us had not seen the new temple video and were so excited to see it but they ended up playing the old one. It was such a bummer but still a great session. It is a beautiful temple!
We spent most of our time at a big mall. Which is not my favorite thing so the one day we actually went out and did stuff was my favorite. First stop Beverley Hills Rodeo drive where we picked up so super yummy and expensive Cupcakes from Sprinkles cupcakes. We got it out of an ATM machine. Pretty fun. 
After walking around Rodeo Drive we drove the 7 miles to Derek's studio which took us an hour. You gotta love LA traffic. This was my favorite activity we did. I have never been to a taping of a show before so it was pretty awesome to go meet the cast tour the set and then watch the live taping. Derek was such a great host. He is truly a nice guy. He was dating Chelsea Kane at the time and she was a total sweetheart as well. So nice and welcoming. 
Derek giving us a tour of the set! 
Marissa had to get a photo with Taj Mowry aka the little boy from Full House. He is hilarious!
I had to get a photo with "Bonnie" for my Mom who totally loves her and started watching Baby Daddy just because she was on it. She didn't even know that Derek was Jared's cousin!
After the show. It was long 4 hours of taping but I enjoyed it. I love to see how things are done. 
Back at the mall for the the 5th time, we decided to all get some cupcakes to take home to our kiddos. Kai loved it. It was from Casey a girl who we had watched on Cupcake wars together. She thought it was so cool. 
They talked me into and broke my down to buy some Lulu lemon gear. We all got matching jackets and I put their pants, which seriously are the most comfortable pants ever. I bought them because my jeans were getting way to tight to wear and the thought of flying all the way home in them just seemed really uncomfortable. So glad I bought them, I wore them everyday this past winter and spring. 
Duck faces or me attempting the duck face. It was a great girls trip, lots of laughing and talking. Walking on the beach, eating good food and just hanging out. I also told Marissa that I was pregnant. I knew they were thinking about trying again so I wanted her to know so that they could hurry and get pregnant as well so they can be close in age. 

No comments: