Friday, February 28, 2014

February fun!


Showing my growing belly.
20 Weeks!
Finally getting over the morning sickness and feeling good! 
McKean is still sleeping all over his room. He is so funny!At least this time he picked a comfortable spot!
We finally got rid of his binki. I was so nervous because he was absolutely obsessed with it. I tried to cut him down to just nap and bedtime but he would seem to always find them through out the day. I thought for sure it was going to take a long time to break him of it. We started by cutting off the tip and he didn't really phase him too much so we cut off some more each night. We tried not to let him see us cut it but the little stinker totally knew that it was us. He said one night "Daddy cut off my binki" Silly boy. Then he got really sick and had a high fever and was miserable so we let him have it back. After he got better, one night I literally could not find any and told him that we couldn't find any. He was fine, no crying he just kept saying we lost binki. After that first night I told him he didn't need it anymore because he was a big boy now. He was fine, he asked for a few times but never cried or had a hard time sleeping without. It completely surprised both of us because when we were in Utah over Christmas we lost it one night. Jared was back home already and the kid cried all night long, he slept in my bed and would wake up every 30 minutes or so crying asking for his bink. It was so sad and so tiring. So glad he didn't react that way this time. Love him!

Helping Daddy make Pancakes! Daddy is really great about making breakfast on Saturday's and Sundays. The kids love it! 
Our yearly trip to the Fair and Rodeo 
Checking out the HEB gardens!
Gathering food
Milking a cow!


Trying on the gear and enjoying some yogurt!
Then we were off to the fun part, the rides. We had tried to come the weekend before and traffic was so crazy we just turned around and went home. It was such a cold winter that the first weekend of the rodeo was too cold to come so everyone was there the last to. The lines were crazy!
The girls enjoyed their cotton candy!

Savanna with cotton candy all over her.
Kean hitches a ride on the best ride in town. The dude was a little too short to ride most of the rides. Lame!


Justin and Daddy took the kids on the teapots. Daddy ended up by himself and try to spin as fast as he could and go super sick by the end. 

Fun day, Daddy looks stoked for this ride. Kean was excited till it started then he was not so happy!

Finally a ride he could ride. Just a little boring!! He looks like he is going to fall asleep!

Kai loves her swings!
We had to rush home as fast as possible because Kai and Brinley had their dance recital that night. We barely made it home in time to shower and get her clothes on and leave. 
Insane!
We celebrated Daddy's 38th Birthday. Can't believe he is that old already! He got a new tube to float down the comal river in!
We had some friends over to play games, all the kids watching a movie in our bed in the dark. 
Brinley, Parker Scerra, Madi, Kai and McKean.

Having Cake and Ice Cream. I made him some hot lava cake. As I was putting the candles in he said they are going to melt and I was like Yeah of course they will  melt. 

After I lit them and we sang and I pulled them out  I realized what he meant. The cake was still super hot, straight from the Oven and it melted the bottom part of the candles into the cake. Nothing like tasty waxy cake!
Happy Birthday Old Man. We love you!

No comments: