Friday, May 30, 2014

Gymnastic Preschool!


Kai had her last day of Preschool/gymnastics on Thursday May 29th. I think we were both really sad about it. She has loved going there the past two years and I have loved how they just welcomed her and let her come even though it was inconvenient for them. Plus I am just really sad that she is growing up so fast and will be in all-day kindergarten soon.

Plus she loved being in the same class as this girl and getting to play with her all day.They are best friends and love each other.
They were sad it was there last day too. They love coach Joe and learning gymnastics. I took a photo of Kai and Coach Joe and I cannot find it now. I am so sad but he was a really great coach and did great taking care of Kai and worrying about her!
She had just gotten her insulin pump the Omnipod a couple of weeks before preschool ended and so I showed him how to give her insulin with for snacks. It is so easy and he was able to just give it to her and was willing to do it! Had she had it for longer I probably would have let him do it for her lunch as well and then I wouldn't have had to go in every time at lunch time to give her a shot. She loves the pump, we love the pump. It has been a great tool in helping her! 

The next day was their end of the year gymnastics show. They got to show off all that they have been learning. Kailie is obsessed with the bar. A few months ago some of her friends including Brinley learned how to do a pullover. Kai was so upset that she couldn't do it. I told her just to keep practicing and she would get it. Well she kept practicing and finally got it and now she can even do a double pull over.Coach Joe told us she practiced ever chance she got. He said she would have stayed on the bar the whole time if they let her and she frequently would come home with blisters from being on it so much. She definitely is a determined little girl.

Kai Doing her Beam Routine!


Coach Joe's group getting their medals. I took photos of their group as well but they are missing so this is all I have. The little girl between Kai and Brinley is Kaylynn their cute little friend. Those 3 were always together!

Ironically they didn't do the bars in their performance so Coach Joe let her show us afterwards all that she can do. She is pretty awesome, so glad she stuck with it and finally got the double pullover. She is amazing!


Jared thought he was recording when Kai did her floor routine but he wasn't so after it was over we had her do it one more time for us! She is so adorable and I love that she loves it!! 
Way to go Kai Kai!

No comments: