Friday, September 12, 2014

August Fun and September Fun!


Jared got some free passes to Six Flags so we decided to go as a family and check it out. We did the water park first to cool down a bit! Kai and Daddy getting ready to go down the big slide.
Way to go Kai Kai. All the lines were really long so it was a day of a lot of waiting!
We found the little kid part. This little slide was probably their favorite of all the water park!



Kean shoots the cannon!
Then we headed over to do some rides. This plane ride was a favorite!
The car ride!
Then the best ride of all! Kean was tall enough to do the log ride. The poor kid had no clue what was about to happen to him.
Kai was excited!
The first little waterfall really scared him so we knew he was going to flip on the second really big one!

Jared took a video of him going down. So hilarious! Too bad he missed filming his eyes. You can really see the terror in his face and how hard his heard was beating. The poor kid had no clue what was going on. I hope we didn't just ruin him forever for roller coasters! I kept trying to get him to go on it the rest of the night and he had no desire but after watching the video over and over the past few weeks he keeps asking to go on the log ride again so perhaps he will be okay!
His favorite was the airplane one for sure. Mommy and him went on it again while Daddy and Kai waited for ever to do the big swing ride. I wish I had my better camera to get a photo of them. The swing goes up a couple hundred feet in the air and then swung around really fast. Jared said that Kai loved it and was just happy as can be, not nervous at all, he on the other hand was nervous mostly about her. He said it went way high and really fast and he was a little scared. So funny! She is a crazy one that is for sure!

For Labor day we went up to Canyon lake to play for the day! Kean and Madi went out on the tube with Daddy!
They loved it as long as we were going not to fast and stayed in the calm water. 
Then the big girls got to go! Savanna and Brinley went first! 

Then Kai and Brinley!

Then Savanna and Kailie. The water was so choppy we couldn't really go to far and had to go pretty slow!
Then the girls had to go jump off the dock!
Kean got a new tractor book from the library and of course was obsessed with it! 
Kailie had been begging me all summer to do a Lemonade Stand even though she didn't even know what it was nor does she like lemonade. We decided to do it the weekend of the neighborhood garage sale since we figured we would have more people in the neighborhood. 
They did pretty good. They sold fresh squeezed lemonade homemade chocolate chips cookies and sno cones. Speaking of Lemonade the night before Kai and I made it all. Jared was gone and I was watching all the Keck kids. It was absolutely one of the most crazy nights for me. First off I was really exhausted. Sadie and Cory had just left and we had been playing hard everyday. From the get go it was just crazy. Bradley kept crying like every second so I finally just put him to bed and then he kept crying for a good half hour. The girls locked Madi and McKean out of Kai's room. When I went to open the door Brinley and Savanna were holding it and would not open the door even after I asked them to a couple of times. I lost it with them and started banging on the door as hard as I could. I was so mad and they definitely knew they were in trouble, I told them to not lock the little kids out or they would be in big trouble and then I went downstairs outside to cool down while I watered the plants for a few minutes. So then I walk back inside and the first thing I hear is I need to tell my Mom it is on fire. I take off upstairs. They had decided it would be fun to melt crayons on Kailie's lamp in her room well then it started smoking so Kailie ran and got a cup of water and poured it on it which shorted it since it was still plugged in. The light bulb exploded so glass was everywhere. Oh boy, I was outside for maybe 3 minutes, aaahhh I was about to flip out! I get them all outside and made them stay outside until it was dark. I was proud of Kailie for thinking to put water on it but I tried to explain why we don't want to put water on things that are plugged in. After they were allowed back in I put a movie on and started to finish squeezing all the lemons. Madi and McKean wanted to help me so they were sitting on the island by me. Well after awhile Madi says she has to go potty. I pull her off and realize she is soaking wet. She had peed all over my counter and right by all the lemonade. Oh man, it was the craziest night of my life and I was not a very happy Momma! I thought about calling Jared on his boys scout camp out to tell him to come home because I seriously was about to completely lose it! Anyways, I made all new lemonade so I hope those people appreciated their fresh squeezed lemonade!
The girls were definitely excited. They don't know much about money or how it works so we had to help them. Andrea and Justin made this cute stand a few years ago for Christmas. Tons of people kept driving up asking if it was for sale. 
They pretty much tried to flag every car or person down and were so disappointed when cars didn't stop. It was a good lesson for them to learn that making money and working is not always easy or fun! 
Casey the Sea World whale trainer and next door neighbor stopped by to buy some stuff! Overall it was a success. They made about $25 all together and then went down the street and bought a couple of things at the garage sales. 

Kean taking a nap on the stairs!

Daddy went to Kazakhstan for a 10 days so  the kids got to have a sleep over with Mom. One night about 3 in the morning I was suddenly awoken by the loudest plane I have ever heard. In the few moments it was over us I was certain it was going to crash into our house. It sounded like it was literally right next to us. I sat up and screamed for Kailie. It was so scary. I had no clue what to do. I sat there just waiting to hear a loud crash. Then I couldn't fall back asleep. The next day I asked Andrea if they heard and she said they did that she has never seen Justin hop up so fast. He ran straight to the window. I was so glad that I wasn't the only one that heard or was scared by it!

The kids love to play with Play dough!

The last Saturday of Summer before School started Andrea and I went shopping up at the outlets to get some back to school clothes. Then we met the guys, the kids and some of our friends at Guadalupe State Park for one last get together before school. 
The kids loved just playing in the water the whole time!

They group, hanging out eating dinner!

Justin puts McKean in the tree!

The Daddies got to be in charge of swimming with the kiddos. 

The kids decided to throw rocks and Kailie ended up getting hit in the eye and got a pretty good cut! 
Poor girl, then she fell as we were walking back up to the car and completely scraped her knee and leg. 



Most of the Mommies all together! Andrea, Whitney Hunsaker, Andrea Fitzgerald, Patricia and one of Andrea's friends!

It was a great last night of summer! Oh I am so sad, our lives are about to change forever. No more freedom to do whatever we want! How did my little girl grow up so fast! 

No comments: