Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Stir Crazy in Sacramento


I have had the great opportunity for the past two weeks to visit Jared in Sacramento where he is currently working and besides a short visit to Utah I have pretty much just hung out at Jared's temporary house. I have felt as though I was in the dating world all over again except this time I actually got to spend the night with my boy! Which means this house is a total gross bachelor house with a super uncomfortable couch which does not bode well with my ever growing belly and constant backache. Jared is working super duper long hours so I only get to see him for maybe 2 hours if that everyday which makes for some pretty boring and lonely days although my conversations with one of Jareds roommates who is from Iran, about mormons and our beliefs are interesting I am starting to go STIR CRAZY.

I just can't hold my tongue anymore and I just need to rant a little about my experience here the past two weeks. Well, UCDAVIS medical center is not in the best part of Sacramento so I am sure that has played a big role in these events.

1st Day: EXCUSE ME MAAM!

I go to the grocery store, as I pull in my friend calls me so I decide to stay in my car with the windows rolled down to talk with her. As I am talking on speaker phone no less so everyone close could hear that I was in a conversation I hear excuse me maam do you happen to have a lighter? I replied kindly "No I don't" and continue with my conversation. 5 min. later I hear excuse me maam do you have any spare change you give me? I replied kindly and thought man two people in five minutes, then not even a few minutes later I hear Excuse me maam, this time I completly snapped because I was midsentence, sitting in my car, not bothering anyone and I blurted out " I don't have any money!!" Which the lady replied " I wasn't going to ask you for money" as she got all mad and offended. I replied "I don't really care what you were going to ask me because I am in the middle of a conversation and you are the third person in 10 min. to rudely interupt me as I am clearly in the middle of a conversation!" At this point I rolled up my windows and continued talking to my friend.

2nd experience:

After I got back from Utah I was picking Jared up at work and had just pulled up to the building rolled down the window and I hear excuse me Maam do you have a phone I can use or money to make a phone call, at this point I was shocked and said, pointing inside the building I don't but it looks like there is a phone right there on that counter why don't you go ask them.

3rd experienc:

Yesterday I went to the San Fransisco Zoo with some of the residents wifes. On the way home we had to make a quick two second stop at a store in which most of us stayed in the car. As we are sitting there this man walks up and asks if he can clean our windows for money, the driver mom was like I don't need it but here is a dollar. We literally had been sitting there for 1 minute when he approached us.

Lastly:

Well, growing up I have had some experience with people asking for money or what not but not to this extreme but the most IRONIC part is that while I was in Utah I went to Smiths in Provo and a lady approached me for money as I loaded in my groceries. Is it because I am pregnant people think I am more giving or is this just happening more and more!


I have been wanting to blog about this but didn't and then today I went to the same grocery store here in Sacramento, as I was checking out a man a couple of people behind me says looking straight at me you know the world is over populated. After which the lady next to him replys yea it is. Then he proceeds to tell the whole line about how a few years ago we didn't have a shortage of water but now we do and why because we are overpopulated. I basically just thought to myself "good I am glad that you don't want to procreate and replenish the earth because we don't need anymore people like you! I of course didn't say anything but as I was driving back I thought I am totally going straight home and blogging about my time here in Sacramento and although I have enjoyed my time with Jared(more to come on that), I hope I never have to come here or live here again!


Sorry this is so long but I just needed to rant and rave because I have no one to talk to here! Now I just hope I make it on the flight tonight so I can go HOME!

3 comments:

Keri said...

Hey--I found your blog, and I knew Jared years ago in NY. I live in Vacaville (near Sacramento). Sorry you had such a bad experience here! It really is a nice, fun place! You must have been stuck somewhere yuck.

Saundra said...

Oh Gina! I am laughing out loud! I'm sorry that my laughing had to come at your expense, but what crazy times! I always get funny looks when I go somwhere...pregnant, with 3 kids in tow. I have yet to hear an "overpopulated" comment, but then again, maybe I'm so preoccupied with the kids that I don't hear their remarks! Maybe you should wear a sign around your neck that says, "I don't have any money!" :)

Liz said...

oh, i wish i knew you were here! i am in san fran. we could have gotten together!