Our last day of our journey down the Na Pali was nice and calm. It seriously felt as though we were on a lake! I almost had the urge to go waterskiing which is something I vowed never to do in the ocean since the waterskier attack scene in Jaws, you all know what I am talking about! Thanks to that movie, I have been terrified of the ocean my whole life but I made it down the Na Pali and I surf and snorkel so I am slowly overcoming my fears. Speaking of sharks, all last year when we were planning our first Na pali trip, I had a lot of anxiety about doing this trip, Jared basically had to keep convincing me that it would be okay and we wouldn't be attacked by sharks and that we would be in a tandem kayak, etc. So then I got pregnant and became even more nervous on top of being super sick. Then once we got to Kauai, the kayaks we reserved were not ocean kayaks and therefore we were not allowed to use them for the Na Pali after much searching we were only able to find 5 single Kayaks and there was was 9 of us so I said I would go even though it was a single kayak. Well the morning of the trip I freaked out and told Jared that I didn't feel comfortable going so we gave our kayaks to another couple and watched as our friends launched on to the adventure with out us. It was a super sad, depressing day for both of us since we had been planning that trip for a whole year but since that day I have not regretted making that decision. I would have gotten really sick and I would have been in my own kayak and on top of that, every kayak in their group rolled on the landing and with being pregnant I could have hurt Kailie growing inside me so I have no regrets other than I feel bad that Jared didn't get to go! That is why we went this year even though Kailie was still so young and I felt horrible leaving her.
So now that you know about our trip last year, let me continue on down the Beautiful Na Pali!
The first picture is of Jared and a turtle. The turtles were our only animal companions that we (well most of us any ways) saw on the trip. Well we also saw some mountain goats, they were pretty cute, except when they kicked rocks down in to our camp spot. In this photo Jon and I are kayaking in prefect unison I just have to add, and in the back ground is the Hawaiian Island Nihau. Nihau is the smallest and last of the seven main islands and is only for people that are purely Hawaiian. Isn't that funny, what would happen if caucasians decided that this certain area was only for Caucasians? The ironic thing abut Nihau is that a white family owns it and lives on it!
Anyways, back to Jon and I, as we were paddling along, we heard a noise. We were quite a bit ahead of our group so we stopped to see what it was. I thought it sounded like a person yelling something like Help! We listened for a few minutes and heard it again, don't you worry it was just a silly mountain goat baahhing or whatever it is they do.
Once Jon started to feel sick, Tyler and I switched and they took off to the end beach while the rest of us lazily made our way, enjoying the calm waters. Here is Nat just enjoying the pretty clear water.
Jared playing in the water again! Can you see the dolphins in the background, look really closely!!
I bet you can't see them because sadly we did not see any, although at this time as we were swimming, they went by us unnoticed because a pod of 50 or so we went right by Jon and Tyler and were heading straight for us! We were all pretty bummed that we didn't get to see any!
Here we all are safe and sound at our final destination. This trip was truely amazing and I hope everyone does it at some point in their lives. Our good friends did this same trip a few weeks later and saw dolphins everyday and they also saw a small reef shark
(I am glad I didn't see that)
I hope you enjoyed your trip down the coast with us cause we sure did!
2 comments:
Hey sister Theeler! I just wanted to drop by and say hi. Wow youre a mommy now? thats awesome. I hope to hear from you soon. My email is paradisefound24@yahoo.com
hey stranger! i can't believe all the fun stuff you guys are up to. and look at your little girl! she's so old! i miss you gina!
Post a Comment