Monday, August 17, 2009

nine months in- nine months out!

I think the airplane we flew on to Utah had some magic grow air circulating throughout because since the day we landed here almost two weeks ago Kailie has done nothing but learn new things. It seems as though she went from little baby to big baby! Kind of sad and exciting! She can get herself in to the seated position, she can crawl, on all fours not just the army crawl she did back home. She feeds herself food and gets excited when I bring over baby food and a bib. In Hawaii we like had to force her to eat solid food. She gets really mad if I eat something and don't share it with her, it is kind of funny, but she definitely has a little attitude. Now that she is crawling she loves to get into everything. I really feel as though I have a totally diferrent baby! And to top it all off she has gotten two new teeth since we have been here. I thought that teeth all came in slow on babies but man she has gotten five in the past month, is that normal? With her teeth came her new favorite acitivity, Biting! She loves to bite, no matter if it is my face, my breasts, my shoulder and most recently my lip in which she took out a little chunk! She is crazy but we still love her!

We are having a lot of fun out here, but we miss Jared like crazy and I am so sad that he is missing so much of all Kai's firsts! So here are a few pics and videos for you Jared. I hope you enjoy


She also sits in her own high chair which she didn't do before mainly because we don't have one. In the above picture she is eating a piece of bread that she literally stole from me and wouldn't give back! Yep definitely miss attitude!

Kai's first time rock climbing! She seemed to like it!! I was really excited to climb again, it has been way too long! In college climbing was one of my favorite activities so I was glad that my friends Sadie and Cory invited me to come even if I was a little rusty!

The sunset was beautiful. Salt Lake has the best sunsets, I heard once it was because of the all the pollution, don't know if it is true or not, but I don't think Hawaii has as good of sunsets and we got some pretty clean air there!


u

3 comments:

Sarah Jarvis said...

Way to go Kailie! How was the BBQ? Who came? I need to call you. We are going up to Sundance tonight for Karl's MTB race and a picnic. Wanna come? It is so fun up there in the summer. So beautiful.

therobitscheks said...

I miss Kailie! I can't believe how much she has grown (or how much my belly has grown)!. love you guys!

Christy said...

Your baby is growing so big. What a great time to be alive. The gospel is on the earth in its fullness and BYU beat Oklahoma!!!