(Kailie right after the worker put this dole hat on her, she gave him this look like what you doing to me!!)Kailie and I took a little trip up to the Dole Pineapple Plantation a few weeks ago. It was fun and something that I hadn't really done yet. The only sad part was we didn't have time to try a dole whip, everyone is always talking about them, so maybe we will have to make a quick stop in another time to try one.

I am still amazed even after living here for over 4 years how beautiful all the flowers and plants are here.

There were many that I had never seen before such as these two crazy plants.

Then there is the common ones like this Hibiscus flower that comes in many, many different colors!

I have see lots of funky trees out here but I don't think I have ever seen this one. It almost looks as though it is growing elephant tusks.

This one is cool, if you click on it too enlarge it you can see the black, creepy, slimy bugs that are on it. There were very mean looking.

Can you find the critter hanging out on the Papaya's

I had never seen a red pineapple before but they were all over the place.
Anybody ever tried one before?

After walking through the garden and taking many Photos Kailie was ready to play. She fed the crazy fish forever.

When she got bored feeding the fish she went on to chase the birds.

Then decided it would be fun to feed the fish these big tree things

She found a whole branch of them and would pull one off then throw the big bunch on the ground, then go throw the the piece to the fish then come back and repeat the process until she got the idea to throw the big branch in to the pond and at that I stepped in, she didn't like that very much.

I actually got her to look through the hole long enough to take a picture.

Then it was off to ride the Pineapple Express.

Lets just say Kailie wasn't the best toddler as we waited in line and boarded the train.

But after a few minutes she calmed down and was pretty good during the ride.

I couldn't pass up the chance to take this picture. If you look closely at the sign it says New York 4972 miles that way. How appropriate since we will soon be living 4972 miles away!!
3 comments:
Fun! I remember going to that place with the Ellis family and thinking it was really cool. Love pineapples!
BTW, Emily is here with her baby Lynn and they say "Hi".
We never have made it to the pineapple plantation. Maybe we should do that when we come in June and try the pineapple whip. Kai is so adorable. I loved the pictures of the flowers and the red pineapple. The little lizard was cute also. See you in three weeks! Yeah!
She looks adorable! The Dole Plantation is a fun place, and you definitely have to go back for the Dole whip. Although the sell them at Disneyland too, by the Tiki Hut, so you could come here!
Post a Comment