Kailie has definitely turned into a mischievous little girl. I swear every time I turn around she is either in, on or gotten into something.

She finally learned that pens right on her as well as on paper. Now I am waiting till she figures out that they work on walls too.

Water is her obsession, no matter what form, drinking, bath-tub, puddles, ponds, drinking water fountains, water fountains say like on the temple grounds, the ocean, pools, hot tubs and even dirty ponds. If there is water around you can bet that Kailie is either in it, drinking it, or

trying to get into it.

She loves to climb inside things and is not scared in the slightest if you close the door and she is in the dark, she just laughs!

One day as I was loading clothes into the washer, Kailie of course was in the room with me since she is my little shadow. I opened the cabinet door to grab out the detegerent, poured it into the washer and turned back around. Kailie was gone so I assumed she left the bathroom, right as I am walking out I see the cupboard door open as much as it can with child latches on. The little squirt in like 2 seconds had climbed in and shut the door.

Anywhere that has an opening you bet she is going to climb in and check it out.

On!! Yep she can climb on to our tall kitchen table. Thankfully she hasn't learned to pull the chairs out yet. When we move we will definitely get a shorter table.

This is my favorite mischievous thing she has been doing lately. One day shortly after she was diagnosed, Jared, Carolyn(J's-Mom) and I were out in the living room and we had put Kai down for a nap. She was all quiet for almost an hour and we went to check on her and there she was sitting in her crib pulling apart all the cotton balls that we had in there for her blood checks. She shredded almost the whole bag and then threw them on the ground. Since then she has gotten into her garbage can,glucose monitor and anything else she can reach on her side table. I never know when she is quiet during nap time if she is sleeping or destroying usually it is both, destroy then sleep. Little stinker and you can see by the photo that she thinks she is so funny!

She has started to say a few more words. Before she was diagnosed Jared was all concerned about her speech and made me take her to the speech therapists at his work, she scored below average on her speech but I was nor ever really worried about it. At some point she is going to talk. The only words she said then were Mom and daddy and tick tock which she pronounced tih tah, so cute. After diagnosis she started saying more words like doggy, birdy, baby, thank you, and my favorite Uh-oh which she says the most. It will definitely be nice when she starts using words that are helpful like more or water, yes and no. Right now if you ask her any question she just shakes her head no so I never no if she actually means it or not.
Here is a video of her playing the water at her friend Savannah's Birthday Party!
4 comments:
Don't you just love little girls? They are great! Look forward to seeing you guys this summer.
When she does right on the walls, use a little baking soda on a damp rag and rub gently. It takes crayon, pencil, and pen off of most hard surfaces. AMAZING!
I love it when they get into mischief. Means they are exploring the world, right? She is super cute, GIna! are you guys coming to Provo before you head east? Just curious. We are not moving till August and it would be fun to see you!
She is such a fun little girl - so much personality! I was laughing so hard - Jack heard me in the other room and had to come see what was so funny. Can't wait to see her soon.
Post a Comment