Thursday, April 7, 2011

New York City the Third

We ventured down to the big city for a third go around and I guess the third time really is a charm. Jared had a work conference down there so he was gone all day and it was just the Kaister and I left alone to brave the Big City all by ourselves. The thing I was most worried about was having to drive into the city and find parking all by myself. We stayed outside the city in White Plains and so my choices were to drive or take the metro and taking the NYC metro with a stroller is not fun and since I was about 2 1/2 months pregnant and right in the middle of my morning sickness phase I decided driving was the best option. I was also really nervous about accidentally ending up in a bad neighborhood so I thought for the first day we would just drive over to Hoboken NJ and visit Carlos Bakery from the TV show the cake boss. So I start driving and then I realize that in order to get to NJ I have to drive through the Bronx which completely freaked me out but it ended up being fine, and we made it to cute little Hoboken in one piece.


This was the line to get into the Bakery.
 I had researched before hand and knew it would probably be a long line.
Kai  was such a sport as we waiting in line outside for a good 45 min.

Once we got inside was another story. She was just really ansey and it was so crowded she couldn't really move. Thankfully, one of the workers noticed her starting to get crazy and helped me even though it wasn't my number. It was fun to go and see, the pastries were okay nothing I would have to go back for. I mainly just went because I really didn't feel like walking around Manhattan in the rain with a crazy two year old.
The next day we drove into the city again and went to the childrens museum there. It was free with this science pass I have so it definitely made it worth it. Kai had a blast. Here she is feeding Alphie the dragon.
Afterwards we headed to Central Park to just hang out and explore. Sometimes I wonder why I even bother bringing a stroller since she usually prefers to walk instead.
Central Park was so much fun.
The weather warmed up and there was this awesome group playing some great music.
Kai wanted to be right by the band so that is where we were. Thankfully there was another little girl there as well and the two of them became quick friends.
The boathouse and a new friend!
Checking out the ducks!!
This guy was pretty cool. He would make this huge bubbles and all the kids would chase them and pop them I gave hime some money and then he let Kai "Blow one" she thought it was a blast.

Classic shot of Central Park.

We stopped and Kai got her portrait done.  She didn''t really sit there the whole time, he took a picture of her and then she went off to run around. The portrait turned out pretty good.

We then finally made it FAO Schwarz which I have been wanting to go to forever. It was awesome because it was almost totally empty. So much better than the last time we tried to go there and the wait just to get in was like an hour.
Kai had a blast on the BIG piano. I thought it was pretty fun to!!
This trip was definitely low key and fun. I didn't get sick at all which was a nice surprise and made me actually want to go back to the big city someday!

No comments: