Today marks the one year anniversary of Kai getting diagnosed with Diabetes. Definitely not a happy day for Jared and I. Once again it falls on General Conference weekend. This weekend will always be bittersweet for us. The good of hearing the apostles and Prophet give us guidance and also the reminder of the day that our lives changed forever.
| Last year in the Hospital. This photo pretty much sums up how we all were feeling that weekend! |
I am amazed how fast the time has gone by! We have definitely had our rough times this year but overall it has been a great year, Kai is at such a "mostly" fun age minus the temper tantrums and such. I can only hope that this next year will be even better. I remember while we were in the hospital last year all the diabetes specialists kept telling us that things would get better and I totally didn't believe them because I know that things will never really be better or the way they were before but they have gotten easier. This is our life now and most days its not too bad.
This day has also become a cursed day for me as far as running goes. Last year, Jared and I were signed up the Ford Island Bridge Run which is a 10K. It was my first race ever, I was so excited just because I love Ford Island and was so excited to run around it but then we spent the weekend in the hospital. Now fast forward to this year, Jared decided he wants to run a marathon this year so we sign up for the NYC half Marathon for you guessed Today. I signed up just to do the 5k but was excited and then the very next day I found out I was pregnant. I planned on still doing the race and was still running a little bit. A bunch of girlfriends from the ward are signed up to do it as well. But now I am sick Sick Sick. I have already done the whole NYC and barfing thing together so I opted at the last minute not to go. So once again I am missing a race this same say that I have already paid for at least this time it is for a much BETTER reason.
I have just come to the conclusion that I should never sign up for a race again that falls on this same weekend.
| Kai this year. Wearing the church outfit she picked out all by herself. |
Kai and I will be spending the day enjoying Conference, Jared will be running and all of us are just grateful that we are not sitting in a hospital room.
2 comments:
Congratulations on being pregnant! So exciting! Way to go Jared on running the marathon--WOW!
This is definitely a much better reason to miss the race. Hope you start feeling better soon. I am anxious to hear how Jared's half marathon went.
Post a Comment