Thursday, May 26, 2011

Poppy Trees

 We definitely have enjoyed the blossoms on all the trees during May. It has been 5 year since I saw them and of course this was Kai's first experience. I told her that they were like the popcorn trees from the song and she was hooked. Everywhere we drove, she pointed the Poppy trees out. We don't have any popcorn trees on our street so we had to make a special stop for these ones!!

Mostly it has just been SOOOO nice to finally see the sun and have warm days. April was the rainiest April Syracuse has had,  add that to the crazy winter where we got 179 inches of snow in our yard and we were definitely ready for some sunshine and blossoms!! 
I wonder if the trees blossom in San Antonio?? I am guessing they probably don't.



Kai somewhat singing the Popcorn Popping song.  We sing it every night as part of her bedtime songs.  Excuse my horrible voice. I was definitely not blessed with a good singing voice.

2 comments:

Cory&SadieK said...

super cute video of kai! Isaak wanted to watch it over and over again! Now I'll have to teach him the song because he keeps trying to sing it.

emilydeardeuff said...

So fun that you guys are coming to Hershey! We would love to meet up with you--the factory is a mile from our house! (: Email me at emilydeardeuff@gmail.com and we can arrange something!