We finally made it to San Antonio and Jared and Kai got to see our new home for the first time. We enjoyed it for a few hours then headed out to Home Depot to start all of our renovations. First up, paint all the rooms upstairs. Jared had to do this since I was pregnant. Then we headed down stairs to take up all the flooring throughout the entire bottom floor. Kai helped us when she could, here she is sweeping up the broken up tile. This was the fun part!
Then it was time to start installing the new wood floor. Yes we are crazy and decided to do it all ourselves. It was crazy hard. The glue was so annoying and everywhere. A few days into being on my hands and knees all day and being six months pregnant I told Jared that I just couldn't do it anymore. We had no furniture so we were sitting on the floor all the time. Not so great when you are pregnant.
We were thankfully staying at a hotel so Kai and I would go there and hang out.
| First time sleeping not in a crib. She did awesome and didn't fall off at all. |
This poor girl got really sick. Our second night in San Antonio she was up all night crying, her ketones were really high which is bad. She must have had a serious ear infection but we really had no way to check her. We were in between insurance with the military and couldn't go to the military hospital. Poor thing and poor us. She was up all night so we got no sleep either since we were in the same room. Finally, the second night I was laying there with her while she was in pain and crying and I thought what do I do in the middle of the night when I am sick? I always go out to the couch, turn on the TV and then eventually fall asleep. So I got out the laptop put on Toy Story or story as she calls it and hit repeat and she stayed over on her makeshift bed on the couch and Jared and I were finally able to get some sleep.Genius!
While we were in the midst of remodeling. Jared had the whole month of July off so we did most of it then. My cousin Lyle and his wife Janie came down with there new son Chris. Kai and Chris loved each other from the first second they met. Our house was a mess still mostly in boxes and they had to sleep on air mattresses but it was fun to see them. We went down to the infamous Riverwalk. This was my first time there and I was less than impressed. Of course it didn't help that it was 100 degrees outside.
That night we went to see the new Harry Potter movie with some friends. Right after we picked Kai up from the people who watched her for us we got in a bad accident. It was super scary. Definitely something that I never want to go through again. We are just so glad that nobody was hurt.
Then it was back to installing the floors. Our friend Beau would come over and help and it was nice to have his company and his help. This was the pivotal time when the two sides of the floor were coming together. The moment when you find out if they are going to match up or not and by a miracle they did perfectly. We were so happy!!
Finally we were done with the floors. They definitely are beautiful. Jared did amazing job. We were just so glad to be done with it all.Of course we still had the kitchen to do.
What did Kai do while we were busy remodeling you ask. Well she did alot of playing with whatever she could find .
And mostly she hung out in her playpen and watched a thousand movies. She was in heaven!!
We went to Utah for August and Jared started working but in September the Haines came out and we went to the BYU vs. Texas game in Austin. It was so awesome and fun to finally go to a game together. Yes, Jared is crazy!!
3 comments:
You look good in BYU blue! :) Jared is so handy! That is awesome that you guys are able to do the work yourselves.
What a great job you did with the house! I love all the BYU face jobs!
The kitchen countertops is most probably the most critical level with the place at your home. This is when an individual cook your own foods as well as useful for making pals.
Post a Comment