Monday, August 22, 2011

The Greatest Place on Earth, Post 2


Since we had some new friends with us, Brian and Andrea and their two boys we decided to head up the canyon and go see the ruins and go to the crack in the wall.
The water was so high we were able to drive the boat all the way to the bottom of the ruins. Haven't been able to to that for a long time and the next year we had to park pretty far away!!
Kai gets some help from Aunt Debbie and Daddy!
Checking out one of the Indian ruins.
Going into their house!
Ava makes the climb down!!
Now it is Kailie's turn!

One of these does not belong with the others!
The Gardner Clan!!
Daddy helps Kai maneuver the terrain!

The Theler Clan with McKean in the Belly!!
Cooling off in the nice water after the hot hike!
We stopped at the crack. Look at how high the water is, crazy!!
Hanging out in the boat!

Kailie was getting pretty tired!

And eventually crashed!
Where is Kailie?? 
I used to do the same thing as a child, there is just something about boats that make you sleepy!!
Looks like two tired kiddos doing the exact same thing at the same time!!
Going Skiing again!

Swimming in the back, Ava finally got brave enough to swim back there and had so much fun!!
My favorite time of day at Powell, Dusk!! 
And I am pretty sure Kelly is out there swimming somewhere!
Enjoying the beautiful evening.
Teana and Gina try out the tubes, wussy style of course since I was carrying a baby in my belly!!
Aunt Jenn keeps Kai company!
Going down the slide and trying to land on the tube. A favorite activity of ours. I was nervous to let Kai try this but she loved it of course!

Almost stayed on!
All the kiddos minus Bennett enjoying swimming it up!
Then they invented the game of running and jumping on the tube!
Much easier to land and stay on the tube this way!
I look horrible in this photo but it is only one of the few we have all together!!

The weather was so great and we got shade in the evening so we moved out the tables and ate on the beach. It was perfect!!
Kai Kai loves her Papa!

Swimming out to Papa!
Going for a walk with Uncle Kelly!

Helping Papa drive the boat!
The Pegasus!!
I caught me two cute little squirts. 
Overall this was such a fun trip. We played lots of games and just relaxed, of course it would have been more awesome if we could have taken advantage of the awesome water! 

This video is Hilarious, Kai was not and is still not very good at sharing but this was so funny! 
Every time I watch it I laugh!! 

No comments: