Friday, November 7, 2008

Be Prepared

From Midwife to High Risk!
Right
before I went to California I had this sudden urgency to have everything ready for the baby, get a carseat, crib mattress and everything else that I needed. I just kept having a feeling that the baby was going to come early. Then I would just tell myself that I was just worrying because Jared is gone, but now I have learned that I probably will be delivering next weekend which is 3 weeks early and I feel totally unprepared. Unprepared emotionally, physically and temporally.
Why am I delivering 3 weeks early?
Well, when I went in for my regular appointment I was measuring small which I have been the past two appointments as well, so they sent me to do tests and when they did the growth scan(ultrasound) they discovered that the babies belly is really small basically the equivalent of a 31 week baby and I am 36 weeks. Everything else looks okay but they put me on bedrest and told me to eat lots of foods with higher fat contact like whole milk and cheese and then to come in twice a week to monitor the babies heart rate and then after 2 weeks I would get another growth scan and if she hadn't grown much then they would induce me right then. So I left feeling okay and just planning on eating a ton and resting all day, well Jared of course being away called the doctor to talk to him and the doctor told him that they were going to induce me next weekend and that Jared needed to come home.
When Jared told me this I was like WHAT the doctor never told me anything about doing that so all I know right now is that Jared is trying to get home next Thursday and by this time next week we could have a baby.
I am in shock and am not ready to have this baby. I guess I just thought that I would get to the point of being so uncomfortable that I couldn't wait for her to come but I am not to that point yet and I am not prepared like I should be. I am worried for her, I am worried about the birth and having to be induced and I am worried because I don't really have anything but clothes and a few other items. Not to mention the fact that we don't even have a name picked out! Now that I am on bedrest I can't even go buy all the things that I need and I am so mad at myself because I have gone to so many stores looking at baby stuff but I was in no hurry, I wanted to shop around and compare prices and brands. I have definitely learned my lesson, ALWAYS BE PREPARED!

5 comments:

Trevan, Megan and Kaleigh! said...

Gina! Remember that since you are stuck at home and bored, you can always order what you need online! I will e-mail you some sights I have heard are really good.

Anonymous said...

Oh Gina! What a way to yank the rug out from under your feet! We're praying for you guys. Maybe you could have someone take you shopping and push you around in a wheelchair, so technically you're still resting. Good luck on the name. Senea came 2 weeks early and we were still undecided after the birth. We just told everyone we'd let them know the name tomorrow :)

Saundra said...

I agree... shop online!! I do a lot of that now, since it's a pain to go shopping with 3 kids and SO ready to have a baby!! If you need high fat content food, bring on the ice cream!! I hope Jared gets home, and that all goes well with you and your baby girl. We'll be praying for you!!

The Theler's said...

GIna, Im so sorry. Don't worry you will be ok. Jared will make sure you have everything for the baby. The name will come to you and you have all of us praying for you. We love you guys and miss you. YOu will be a fantastic mom and your baby doesnt need anything more then that. love ya Anj

Chelsie Brady said...

Wow, Gina. I am praying for you. And I'm excited for you to be a mommy. I am sure everything will go well and Jared will take good care of you. Good luck with everything- keep me posted!