Monday, June 15, 2009

Worn Out!!

I think that Kailie has officially declared today Sleep Day!! We had a very busy week last week with lots of late nights and early mornings due to Youth Conference, Jared being in Iowa and me having to work so we are both exhausted. Right now it is 11:30 am and this is what Kailie is doing! She woke up for her morning feed at 7 am and then fell right back and is still snoozing. Poor baby, she must be completely exhausted.

Youth Conference went really well, it was with the stake we were in charge of workshops, it was definitely a lot of work, especially since we only had 1 girl who could attend. I think the kids enjoyed the workshops and we had great presenters. I helped teach the cake decorating class, which was probably the most time consuming preparation but worth it because the youth loved it and they did a good job.

Thankfully there was lots of help to take care of Kailie, she pretty much just got passed around the whole time.

My favorite part was the "roadshow/Polynesian dancing" Our ward was assigned to the Island of Fiji. It was really awesome to see these kids learn the dances and be excited to perform.



This was Kai during the Performance and dinner. Our bishops wife gave her a spoon to play with and she literally would not let go of thing all night!!

Our YW President took Kailie home early on Sat. since Jared had just flown in and I needed to stay at YC, so by the time I got home this is how she was. Sooo tired, she NEVER falls asleep in our arms but that week she did 4 times. All in all it was fun, I am glad it is over and we can get back to normal schedules. Thanks everyone who helped with Kailie this week, I really appreciate it.

2 comments:

Theler said...

Those cakes are so cute! How fun. Poor Kai! Sleepy but nice for you to have some time. I can't believe how big she has gotten! She is just too cute!

Saundra said...

YC looked like a lot of fun. All those cakes...yummy! Did Bishop teach the youth the dances from Fiji? Boy, do I miss that music and dance!