Saturday, February 6, 2010

The Dolphin Excursion!!

(Photo courtesy of Jareds fantastic underwater photography skills!)
Jared and I were able to go on a fun Dolphin Excursion with some friends on Presidents day. It was my third time to do the trip. The first was with my internship when I first moved here and then last year when all of Jared's family was here his parents paid for all 14 of us to go and it ended up being cold, rainy, and we didn't really get to do or see anything so we went and used the vouchers they gave us and it was so great!! We got to swim with the dolphins which was awesome . I am so bummed that Jared's family didn't get to experience the real trip!Here I am getting ready to swim with the dolphins with Jeremy and Keara Mahoney some new friends from church. Actually I met Jeremy many years ago at UVSC so kind of funny to now be in the same ward in Hawaii!
Don't you think snorkel masks are so flattering at least Keara looks cute!
The entire pod that we swam with . Notice the white thing, don't worry it is trash but they were playing with it. They all took turns playing with it on different parts of their body, pretty funny to see!This is what happens when you are in residency and the Bishop! You catch up on sleep any time you can!

We also did some whale watching. These two dove down and then came up so close to the boat that it totally scared the captain.
Oh I miss these guys!
After whale watching we snorkeled with the turtles. Don't worry no turtles were touched in this photograph! Although it was mighty hard not to touch them, being so close and having the waves pushing me around!
The gang!
I think the two in the middle should get the award for best hair!!

Thanks Jack and Carolyn for the experience. We wish all you could have been there with us!

9 comments:

Matt n' Jenni said...

Thats look like so much fun. I'm sad I didn't get to see any whales before I left. Your picture of them is pretty neat though.

Saundra said...

What fun! I'm glad you're getting to experience so much of the island before you leave in a few months. I bet Jared is looking to get some more sleep.

Anonymous said...

That does look like a lot of fun! And much different than the dolphin excursion we took last year...

We love you guys!

Tyler, Janna, Lily, and Niki said...

I'm just going to have to quit reading your blog. Between being pregnant and stressed from moving, I just cry every time I read about all the fun you guys are having!

Tyler, Janna, Lily, and Niki said...

He he he

Isn't it funny how everyone has pictures of their families in Hawaiian shirts for their blog profile even though they no longer live there?

Megz said...

Looks so fun. Nobody can say you haven't embraced this Hawaii experience. It'll be fun to see what new hobbies you'll pick up in New York...

Cory&SadieK said...

Dolphins Rock. I have recently had a desire to swim with Dolphins and look at you on a dolphin excursion. Now I want to do it even more.

Grandma Carolyn said...

I am so glad you were able to use the vouchers and have a great experience! We did get to see some whales with the whole family last year - so that was good.

Jenn said...

G that is amazing! We just did a shark dive in the Bahamas, but I would love to swim with dolphins next!