Thursday, July 29, 2010

Home Sweet Home

As I sit here in this dark and dreary hotel room well only dark because the Kaister is taking a nap I wish I was back here at home. This will always be our first home, where Jared and I first hung out and where we had our first child. We loved our apt and miss it alot. I have been wondering if Kailie remembers living here and wonders why we haven't gone home in awhile? What do you think, do you think babies remember that kind of stuff?
While we lived there I always wanted to do a post to show our home since most of our friends and family were never able to come visit us so I guess late is better than never!!
(Oh and I miss Rainbows, did you know that you really do see rainbows all the time in Hawaii, hence the cool license plates)
(The living room Before)
We put a lot of time and energy into remodeling the whole apt. and so it was really hard for us to move out and have renters come in. Jared did a lot of the remodeling before I met him so I never saw the place when it looked like this. So weird to think that it is the same place.Living room after sans all of Kailie's toys which are everywhere most of the time


One of my favorite things about this room was all the light. Most of the year I kept the door open and let the wind blow through, it was so nice to have that open feeling!


The Kitchen before


The Kitchen After!
Doesn't it seem like a totally different place. I loved this kitchen, even though it was small it never felt crowded.
The dining area, with Kailie on theTable of course!!

Kai's room/slash guest room. This room was definitely tight quarters. That is one thing I am excited about in our new place, more space and a third bedroom!


Our Room!
Yeah we don't have any nice bedding. It is way too hot in Hawaii for bedding, this quilt made by Jared's mom was perfect!


Before

Now on to the bathrooms. Jared and I remodeled both of them after we were married and did everything 100 % ourselves except installing the granite counter tops.

The counter part of our bathroom!

After

The guest bathroom. I love how this one turned out! I have decided that I am a light wood kind of girl. It just lightens the whole room up.

The above picture is the main reason we redid the bathrooms along with the fact that we wanted the whole apt. updated not just half. Isn't this shower door disgusting? Yes and we couldn't get it clean so we just tour it all out and built a new shower. It was ALOT of work, and took us a lot longer than we expected but in the end we loved it. We designed it all ourselves which is pretty amazing since neither of us are super good at that kind of thing.

This was the last thing that we did and by the end we were so so done remodeling and swore that we would never do it ourselves again but now we love that we built it and would do it again.

Oh I miss that shower!!
Well there you have it our home for the past 5 years.

We had a lot of great memories there and will always hold it dear to our hearts.
Some of the things I won't miss about this place are, the horribly annoying speedbumps, having to call the guard shack anytime friends where coming over and just not having more space and a yard for Kai to play in!!

One of the things I will miss the most is this view.

As I would drive up I could see Kai's little head sitting in her highchair. It was so cute, sometimes I would leave on purpose right around meal time just so I could drive up and see her cute little head!!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

wow that first picture is a double rainbow all the way.

Sarah Jarvis said...

Wow. You guys did some amazing work! I love it! Wish I could have come to visit... Maybe in Syracuse! Hope you can get out of that hotel room soon! Man, I can see how you are going bonkers. No fun!

Saundra said...

I haven't seen a rainbow in 2 years! I miss them. Love all the remodeling, especially the kitchen. WOW!

Tyler, Janna, Lily, and Niki said...

We wonder the same thing about Lily remembering HI. Whenever she sees leis she says "aloha necklace" and she calls most flowers "aloha flowers." She knows we lived in HI and associates surfing with HI. I don't think she remembers too much about our house...someday when we go back we'll get to see what she remembers.

Grandma Carolyn said...

I love the double rainbow over the condo! It is really fun to look at the before and after pictures. I'm looking forward to our trip to Syracuse.