Tuesday, July 27, 2010

The Perfect Flower


My goal this week is to finish all the Hawaii posts that I never got including Our Hawaiian Adventure Ending.

I have to say that I am really missing all the pretty flowers in Hawaii. This place is really green and pretty but there is no color besides green.

This is the first Plumeria flower that I had ever seen and I fell in love with them. They are so perfect and smell so good and come in all different colors.


When I first moved to Hawaii, I saw Plumeria's here and there but could not figure out where they grew until a few months later when they started to blossom again. This is the tree that I first discovered plumerias on.
On one of mine and Kai's last run/walk in Hawaii we went around and gathered all the different plumeria's we could find.

Sure are a ton of different ones. This is how the trees look in full bloom and they are like this most of the year. Now do you see what I mean by missing color out here??

What can you do with plumerias?
You make leis for your friends of course. Here Jared and Kai are making some for our dear friends the Bruderer's for their Aloha Oe at church!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think Adrian Aiu said it best...flowers in Hawaii are big, colorful, and have a strong aroma. Flowers on the mainland are small, not very colorful, and you can barely smell them.

CT said...

The Plumeria was a big part of our wedding...I had them on the invitations, on the table (fake ones sadly), Bob's bout was a clay plumeria and my earrings were pearl inlaid plumerias from Na Hoku Jewelry. Plumerias are by far my favorite flower!

Carrie

Grandma Carolyn said...

Great pictures! I especially love the one of Kai with the plumeria's on her stroller.