I know I am like two months late on this post but I just have been a tad bit busy plus we didn't have any internet for a few weeks and I just was sad to do this one.
We just a had a family move out of the ward here and it was really sad that there was no formal goodbye. I think this custom should be adopted to all wards, they could sing God be with you till we meet again. It just seems proper way to say goodbye to people who have been a part of your ward family
. Anyways, Jared's parents were able to be there for our last week so that was nice to have them there with us!
He and Kai are good buds.
He is actually the main reason why we took Kai in to check and see if she had Diabetes. Without him, it might have been a lot worse if we had waited till the bad symptoms started to show up!
I miss all these kids and their parents! :(
By the way the sky is pink because they are surfing at the crack of dawn, hence why I am not out there. I guess none of them have watched Shark week and don't know that that time of day is shark feeding time plus can you say BBrrrrrrrrr!!!!
(Left to Right:Andrea Keck, Glenice Hatch, Suzy Taylor, Cherie Vigil, Cameo Redd, Me, Keara Mahoney, Chrissy Barnum)Ladies Night!! We had to do one last girls night before I left. What do you do for girls night in Hawaii?
Eat food then go play in the ocean!!
And spend forever trying to take a picture with all of us jumping off the wall at the same time. Just a little too late on this one but still funny!
Here is a good one, I am not in it because I am taking the picture. Sometimes having photography skills comes in handy!
Eat food then go play in the ocean!!
And spend forever trying to take a picture with all of us jumping off the wall at the same time. Just a little too late on this one but still funny!
Here is a good one, I am not in it because I am taking the picture. Sometimes having photography skills comes in handy!I love all these women so much. I learned so much from each of them and am so glad I was able to have them in my life. Hopefully we will get to live by each other again.
We got to stay at the Hawaiian Hilton in Waikiki our last few night there. It was kind of fun to be down there.
Blair family(he was called to be the new Bishop so although we were not that close to them it was the only chance he and Jared had to talk in person.), Hatch family, Vigil family, Mahoney Family, Redd Family, Keck Family, Barnum Family and Harris family.On our last Friday night there we had a goodbye party with most of our closest friends. It was fun and sad all at the same time. Mostly it just felt very surreal that that was the last time we might see this people who had been such a big part of our lives and who have supported us through all our trials.
So fun!
I love how they turned out and was so excited to give them to everyone.
Now we can always remember the good times we had surfing!!
She is pretty amazing!!
The Redd Family, Mike, Cameo, Kris, Jordyn, Morgan and Steve. This family is amazing!! I was Cameo's 1st counselor in YW's and Mike was Jared's 1st counselor in the Bishopric so needless to say we spent a lot of time with these guys. Not to mention the fact that they were are number one baby-sitters for Kai. They all loved her so much! We were so grateful after Kai was diagnosed and Cameo offer to be taught how to take care of Kai so they could still watch her for us. This was such a huge blessing.
Mainly, I just learned so much from Cameo and Mike. They have a great relationship with each other and with their kids. I loved working with Cameo in YW's, it was a lot of hard work but totally worth it. I hope our family is like theirs when our kids are older.
We love you guys!!
The Kecks, Justin, Adrea, Savahanna and Brinley- Kailie's Sidekick!! These guys were our closest friends and we spent a lot of time with them. Mostly just hanging out at their house eating good food and talking. We already miss them so much. Everyday I wish I could call up Andrea to go do something! These guys were there for us so much from Andrea bringing me dinner when I was on bedrest, to hanging out when our husbands were gone, bringing us dinner in the hospital when Kai was diagnosed, calling me everyday after the diagnosis to see how I was doing, running together, surfing, hiking, going to the big island together and just having our kidlets play and fight together! We love you guys and hope and pray that we get stationed together again!!Can you believe this view, it is beautiful and so unreal! What a great way to spend the last day!
It is always customary for all the other residents to get gifts for the graduating residents. Well Jared's gift wasn't really a gift at all but a really funny story. Last year when the Chief Residents were graduating Jared bought this photo for one of them but they ended up giving him something else so Jared just decided to keep it for himself and hang it up in his office.
As we were packing up all of our stuff I asked Jared where this photo was and he suddenly realized that it was not in his office anymore and that somebody must have stolen it. Come to find out the residents took it since they thought the previous year that Jared had bought it and then never gave it to the resident leaving keeping it for himself and they thought they had all given him money for it so they were going to re-gift him his photo. It was so funny when they gave it to him because he is"all you stole my picture that I bought and are giving it to me as my gift?" Super funny and kind of sad all at the same time. Jared was a really good chief resident and he cared about his junior residents a lot and tried to help them. I think he deserved something better than his own picture but it is still a funny story and at least we got the picture back!!
This was my favorite part of the awards or gifts. This is Dr. Ramsey Jared's boss and the residents gave him a whip as his gift!! I think most of you know how I feel about that!!
Aloha Hawaii!!!
You were very good to us and we are so happy for the time we had with you!!
Aloha Oe
Until we Meet Again!!
You were very good to us and we are so happy for the time we had with you!!
Aloha Oe
Until we Meet Again!!
6 comments:
This post made me cry! I am sad you guys had to leave the place you loved so much and had so many wonderful friendships that you were so fortunate to make. I hope that you can have a wonderful time in New York while you are there. Thanks for the shout out you are too sweet. I am glad that you were happy with the shirts! Love you and miss you guys. Hopefully we can come out and visit you guys in the spring!
I am sad you guys had to leave Hawaii.... it just seems like you should live there forever but I won't be surprised if we see a similar post in 4 years or so when you leave NY. You guys have so many leis after your Sunday meeting. That is awesome!
It's going to be really hard to top your Hawaiian experience--so hurry up and do some awesome NY stuff so we don't start to feel bad for you!
I bet that post was hard to write! It was so thoughtful of you to make shirts for all your surf group. And I think going to the Flow Rider would be awesome! I love, love, love it! I'm trying to talk Cory into going again tomorrow!
We miss you guys!!!!
I agree with Marissa - this post made me cry. I know how much you loved Hawaii and all of your great friends there. I am so glad we were able to meet most of them - so I could think about them as I read the post. I love the tradition of "Aloha Oe" also!
Post a Comment