
Well we are finally mostly settled in our new place!
We really like it! We love having a yard and a garage and we live at the end of a dead end street so no traffic!

Welcome to the grand tour of our new pad for the next 10 months!!
Jared is very excited to see you!!

The view as you walk in the front door. We really love how open it is!

It took us forever to decide how to utilize this gigantic space, we like how it ended up! Notice the skylights, they are great and really cool when it rains!

The Kitchen, although it looks big with lots of cupboards, I have had the hardest time finding places for everything.
The biggest bummer is that all of the eating areas are on carpet which of course makes it hard with a toddler!

One thing we were looking for in our new place was lots of light and we definitely found it! There are three patios doors. Crazy, who needs that many?

This the sun room, we decided to turn it into a game room since we are going to be indoors a lot this winter. Bought these two tables off craigslist for $50 each and they work great!

Kai has her area to play as well.
Last night we had a bunch of people over for scones and it was so great! All the kids played in here all night and the adults were actually able to talk and play their own games.

Our bedroom same as before with just a lot more space!!

Master Bath: Must say that it is really nice to have two sinks! Haven't really enjoyed the tub too much yet but I am sure this winter Kai will be having lots of swim parties in there!

Our closest!
Never had a walk-in before and the light is motion censored. so funny!

The Kaister's room! Pretty much the same as before except like three times bigger! Speaking of Kai when is good to transition her to a toddler bed? We don't really know when we should, she is all over the place when she sleeps so that kind of worries us!

We got some new furniture. I saw this dresser on craigslist and really liked it but it was more than I was looking to pay. One day I was over at a friends house from church and glanced in her garage and there was this dresser she was the seller. She buys old dressers and then transforms them into great fun pieces. So we bought it. At first Jared didn't really like it but since then he keeps mentioning how much he likes it.

We love these babies!
We bought them before we left Hawaii and they make laundry so much faster compared to our tiny ones in Hawaii.

The guest room! The one room that I got half way done with and then just got bored of unpacking.
Gotta enjoy the summer while it lasts so I will tackle this room later.

One of my favorite things about this place is that this is what Kai has been doing as I worked on this post! Seriously love having space and a yard!
Did I mention that that we had a little black and white visitor out here on the deck last night. Yep that would be two skunks we have seen in our yard so far.

Somebody learned how to blow bubbles!!
Well that is the end of our grand tour!
Now we just need some visitors to come enjoy it with us!!
9 comments:
I love it! It is huge!! How fun! About the toddler bed thing. Our daughter Clara is a wild sleeper. We moved her when a couple of months before she tuned two. We were hoping she to transition her enough ahead of time before we had our #2. However, I wish we had waited longer. She still falls out of bed all the time (we tried lining the bed with pillows and she rolls over them and a bed rail doesn't work on the bed we got). She also stopped being a good sleeper because she could get out of bed whenever she wanted. Now almost 8 months later we are still trying to keep her in bed and she still falls out. I have heard you wait until they ask for one and then teach them to stay in bed by keeping the crib up if you can and the first time they get out they go back in the crib. They learn if they want the "big girl bed" you have to stay in it. Those are just my thoughts. Good luck!
Wow. That is an amazing place. Holy cow! I am jealous! We just moved into a tiny 2 bedroom apartment with no garage or backyard. We should come visit soon! :-) I am so glad you found such a nice place and what a bummer that it won't be for long. Love the dresser!
We did not move Noah until he was three and I don't regret the decision one bit. We are going to do the same with Max. Especially while they still take naps. There is no way I could get them to take a nap if they could walk around. Actually, Max CAN get out of his crib rather easily but he does not. Anyway, that's what I think.
Love you! Sarah
That looks awesome! Yards are the BEST! Wish we could come visit, maybe oneday......
That is a beautiful home you guys have. Is Jared still in the military? His hair looks kind of long ;)
Your place is awesome! I love the dresser too. The color is awesome. I have no idea about toddler beds. My neighbor just moved her kids into beds and they are almost three years old.
Love, love, love it!!! especially kai's dresser!
Gina,
Love the new place and all the light. It will be nice in the winter to have that extra sunlight for natural heating.
About moving the little one to the big bed. McCall was 15 or 16 months. I know that sounds strangly early. However she was climbing out of bed and it was not a struggle for her. We would crack the door and watch as she did it. She was like an acrobat. So I figured it wont matter what we put her in at this point she is just going to get out of it. We got her a toddler bed I found off of KSL because I was not going to keep it. I figured it was low to the ground so if she fell out it would be no bid deal.
The thing is height on some kids matters. I am sure the Kai is very tall just like McCall. That is why she could get out of her bed so easy. Even when I had put it to it's lowest position she could still get out.
My advise is, if she stays in her bed right now then leave her for sure. Otherwise if she is climbing out for saftey reasons you really need to put her in a big bed. You don't want her to get caught by a peice of clothing or something when she is climbing out and get stuck and she chokes. Good Luck let me know how it goes.
Wow! What a great house!! And soooooo much more space than your condo in Hawaii. It makes me want to come visit! Tons of people at your house for scones? Sounds familiar. See, you guys make friend so easily!
Dining room floor-
You can get one of those office chair area covers (you know, the clear plastic so the chair can roll) to put under the kiddo. It will save you tons of scrubbing.
While you are at it,
get a couple of yards of clear vynl from the fabric store (or WalMart) as a permanent table cloth. The permanent marker, crayons, and silverware banging will happen. It's much easier to spend $5 on vynl than to scrub and lament the damage to your table.
Toddler Bed-
We took a totally different approach with Lily. She's been in a twin bed since she was 13 months. We just started with the matress on the floor, then the matress on box springs on the floor, then the whole bed frame. As soon as she could cimb onto it herself, we moved her up to the next size. She still falls off occasionally, but she's big enough that it doesn't hurt her and she just sleeps through it. We'll find her on the floor in the morning, but she doesn't seem to mind. It's all a matter of what you want to deal with I guess.
Post a Comment