Friday, September 3, 2010

Warning: When Rollerblading in New York......

Be sure to keep your mouth closed and your eyes shut!!

Why: because the bugs are CRAZY out here. We were covered by the end, these pictures do not do it justice and believe me it is not easy to rollerblade with your eyes closed!! Next time we will have to bring goggles!

Besides the bugs this place ain't too bad! Jared made it sound like it was a total hole and would be totally depressing to live here but I have enjoyed it. We definitely miss our friends but we are making the most of it. One of my favorite things here is this awesome running, biking, rollerblading path that goes along Onodaga Lake. It is really pretty and is 10 miles total so you could go for a long time plus there are lots of people out so that is fun.
At the beginning of the trail is one of the coolest playgrounds I have seen. It has so much to do. Kailie loves it. We go there 3-4 times a week!
I even have fun playing at this park. It was pretty much dark at this time so there was hardly anyone there but normally the place is packed. I prefer it this way.
Swinging in the big kids swing. She is really close to pumping herself too. So cute!Kai likes to play but she loves it when we play with her. She gets a kick out of us going down the slides with her!
Now we just need to find us some good indoor parks for the winter!
Do they even have those?

4 comments:

Sarah Jarvis said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sarah Jarvis said...

an, you guys are covered! But I am sure Jared has some goggles and mouth covers :-)
Don't you love trails like that? So fun! I am glad you are liking it and making the most of it. That is how I feel too. No sense in sitting here and moping, right?
I reposted this because it had a spelling error I wanted to fix :-)

The Theler's said...

It looks like you guys are doing well. We miss you and Kai Looks so big.

Grandma Carolyn said...

What a great playgound. Hopefully the weather will still be good enough for us to go their in October. You do have to watch out for the bugs in New York - but it is much better than the humid south!