Friday, September 30, 2011

Papa and Nana Visit!

Way back in May Jared's parents came out to visit us in New York for a few days. It was fun as always to have them there. Kai absolutely loved and just fell in love with Papa and Nana!
While they were visiting we decided to drive down to Ithaca, NY which is one of the most beautiful places around and see some of the waterfalls.
There was this trail that followed along this beautiful river with a bunch of smaller waterfalls on it. This is the beginning.
I needed a ride like that. I was just getting over being Nauseous all day long so this was one of the first times I had done anything really active in a few months.
Needless to say I was definitely huffing and puffing!!

Checking out the moss!

Looking at a caterpillar that Papa found and that Kailie proceeded to throw over the edge.
Poor little guy, sorry our brute of a daughter found you!!
Great Family Photo along the trail. Seriously so Beautiful!
Always has to have sticks or rocks in her hand. 
Nana and Kai also showing off their pretty dogwood flowers!
Preferred method of transportation, sitting in the basket!!
The tallest waterfall East of the Mississippi. After seeing Niagara we definitely didn't believe it but after googling it we discovered it was true. Wow, definitely didn't seem that big!
Spring green!! 
If you have ever spent a spring in the East then you truly know where the name spring green comes from. Everything was so vibrant!

Kai's favorite part of the whole day was throwing rocks into the river.


I had to include this video because Kai absolutely loves it and still asks even now almost five months later to watch it. She just calls it  "Papa Waterfall"

Walking down the river bed.

1 comment:

Aden & Jamie Hirtle said...

I love how Kai went for the really big rock. She is so cute. That looks like such a pretty place to go exploring.