Thursday, May 17, 2012

7 months


This little Dude turned 7months last week!
He is getting to be so big and cute. He has grown up a lot in the last two months. Mainly exhibit A he started sitting by himself. He had been doing it for a few seconds at a time and then when Jared went out of town (of course since our kids tend to do everything while Jared is out of town) we were at a friends house for game night and I sat him down and he just stayed there and didn't fall over. This was on April 28th so just one week shy of being 7 months old. 

Here it is, his first time sitting up. Yep I already had my camera out!
It was so cute to see him sitting by himself. He seemed really happy to be able to sit with the "big kids" and play with the toys!

s
Exhibit B, he started eating baby food. I fed him for the first time right around when he turned 6 months old. He definitely didn't know what to think at first of the brown rice cereal but after a couple days he was gobbling it up. Squash was the first other food I gave him and he LOVED it. Ate it up like crazy and wanted more. Since then he as tried, peas(hates), green Beans(hates), carrots(hates), sweet potatoes(likes but has thrown up every time he eats them.3 times thus far.) so he no longer gets those. I haven't tried fruit yet except prunes to help with digestion. He doesn't love them but he eats them. So basically he eats squash and rice cereal. He also loves water and drinks it straight from our glasses. He is also very impatient when he eats. Unless the spoon is in his mouth with food on it he does a constant whining. He does the same thing when I am getting ready to nurse him. 
 It is cute and annoying!
He loves to "play" in all the different toys now. 
Time to get them all out!
Having toys everywhere we go is a must now! 
Or anything that I can find in my purse that will entertain him!
He also loves his thumb!! Boo! But only when he sleeps which is good. 
His favorite thing for nap time is his blanky. He pulls it straight to his face and nestles into it.
 And he has turned into a tummy sleeper, little stinker!!For a few months he would roll onto his stomach in the middle of the night and then freak out and cry and cry until we went to turn him over. He is so funny because he learned how to roll over at 8 weeks but he seems to have forgotten. Now he seems to roll over on to his tummy to sleep on purpose. Silly kid!
 
  He is still such an awesome sleeper. He goes to bed around 8 and I feed him real quick around 11 and then put him right back to bed and he sleeps till 7 or later. It is awesome.


Him and his buddy Madi are basically the same height but she is 4 months older. I think we got a tall fella on our hands!


I love it when he smiles with his binki in!
He wore shoes for the first time. So darling. He seemed to like them. One thing we have observed about this little duder's is that if he has a shoe or a sock missing it is always his left one. ALWAYS. He must kick harder with that leg. 
We have been going on lots of bike rides. He seems to like it,
except when he falls over. Good thing Ruffy was here to catch him this time. Sometimes his sister is there and she makes a pretty good pillow!
He is getting kind of crazy in his bumbo. He pushes himself up and backwards so no more bumbo on the table. But it is cute when he is sitting in it and I call to him "Keaners", he turns and gives me this huge smile!
One thing he takes after his sister is in that he is a total ham and loves to look at himself in the mirror. Every times I show him a mirror he gets a huge smile even if he is crying!!
So funny! He knows he is cute~
We love having this little guy in our family. Kai loves having him around. In the car she keeps him entertained and he just laughs and laughs at her all day. No one can get him to laugh as good as Kai can!

Somethings we think is funny about him is he is constantly wiggling his feet and toes. They seriously are in constant motion especially when he is eating. It is so cute and funny!

He is definitely a stubborn little guy(don't know where he got that from), when he nurses he just always wants to pull the nipple out really far. I always try to hold or push his head in closer and he just pushes against my hold the whole time and totally fights me on it. His way or no way!~

He loves to watch everything Kai does and I can just see the wheels turning in his head as he is thinking oh I am so doing that when I can move like jump on the couch or jump out of his crib, etc, etc.

He is a total whimp or whiner and cries about most things although he does seem to be getting tougher. Today, Kailie had surgery to have ear tubes put in and had her adenoids taken out. When she came out of anesthesia she was fairly calm but the boy next to us who was probably two was just freaking out and cried the whole time until they went home. I was just sitting there holding Kai who is so so tough and calm and thinking about if or when McKean gets a surgery he is totally going to be just like that boy!! He needs to toughen up!!

I have decide that I am not going to give him baths anymore because every time the past three weeks that I have he explodes all over himself at some point that same day. So I have decided to just wait till he explodes then give him a bath. One day over the course of 3 hours he had 3 baths. I gave him his normal bath. Then we headed to the store. As we were driving Kai says "Mom, Kean is throwing up" I looked back and sure enough not just spit up but full on Throw-up. Poor kid. I cleaned him up the best  I could with wipes at the store and then we hurried in to pick up the few things I needed. Then while in the store he threw-up again. All over himself and his carseat. We get home I give him another bath, clean his carseat, then put him in his bumbo while I make a salad for dinner. I hear him pooping and knew right away that he had exploded. Sure enough, all up his back and sides. So up we go for our third bath in three hours. Fun Fun Times!


One of my favorite memories of this little babe so far was one evening we were all hanging out on our couch. Jared was holding McKean and Kai was standing on my legs trying to stand like McKean does on me. When she fell down, McKean just started cracking up. Just pure laughter. It was the cutest and funniest thing. Kai kept doing it and every time he just laughed so hard. He was 5 or 6 months at the time. I wish I had a video of it but here is another one of Kai making him laugh. He is not laughing as hard as he was that first time but he definitely seems to really love his big sister!


Mostly though he is a total sweetheart. He just smiles all day and laughs. He doesn't have his official 6 month/ 7month apt. since we are behind for a few weeks so I just weighed him at home and he was 14 lbs. So he is growing although I think he is just mostly growing up tall and not out!!


2 comments:

Carolyn said...

Gina, I love looking at your blog - you do such a great job. It makes me feel not so far away. The pictures are great and so is your commentary. The picture of McKean in the car seat reminds me so much of Jared!

Cory&SadieK said...

So cute! Love the pics Mckean is so adorable. The dance recital is super cuteness! I can't wait until Chloe Leona is old enough!