Kai started her first real dance class this past January. She has seemed to like it. She is always excited to go of course I think she just loves playing with Savanna and Brinley more than dancing and she had a few rough weeks where she had to go to time-out during class but she has improved a lot. This is her one and only dance outfit. I borrowed the leotard from my friend Andrea. I figured if she likes it and wants to keep doing it than we will get her another outfit!
Their recital was Friday night. I have been so excited for this just because I knew it was going to be funny. Things were a little bit crazy trying to get there. Kai wouldn't eat her dinner which is super annoying and then her yellow flower bow broke as we were leaving so I grabbed the glue gun and fixed it when we got there. Jared barely made it right as it was starting and McKean was in freak out mode and was screaming as I was trying to get Kai ready and fix her bow, and then he decided to do a big poop right before it was supposed to start, but we made it and it was totally worth it.
Their dance was titled "Be my little Bumble Bee" hence the yellow and
black costumes.
These two are by far the youngest in the class so they are crazy and a bit clueless but what they lack in style and ability they make up for in cuteness! They are just a few weeks apart in age but Kai is almost a whole head taller!
It was a small recital and so they got to do their dance twice which was awesome.
Kai spent most of the time looking at her fellow classmates for direction. I don't think she realized Miss Megan her teacher was out in the audience giving direction!
The kiss at the end she had nailed down, in fact the whole performance she kept putting her hands up getting ready for it!!
The Bumble Bees!!
The three little ones!
The whole gang.
Megan teaches out of her house so it is small and more personal.
I love it, it is perfect for Kai right now!
She was so crazy and excited afterwards it was hard to get her to stand still for a photo.
She picked out these pink flowers for Miss Megan. I told her not to let Megan see them when we first got there so she went and put them with my stuff and then she runs up to Megan and says "Miss Megan, I got you some pink flowers!!"
Silly girl!
Miss Megan. She is in our ward. We met her our first Sunday, she was a nursery leader and when we told her Kai has Diabetes she said she did too. Jared replied with "Oh that is great" which then he quickly explained "I don't mean it is great that you have Diabetes, just that it is great to have you here to help her if she needs it." So funny! Sadly, she was released a few weeks later. Kai has really loved dance with her and knows that Megan has Diabetes and talks about Megan having it. We need to meet some little kids that have it so she will have other friends her age with this horrible disease! Anyways we have loved getting to know Megan and her husband.
McKean enjoyed his first of many dance recitals.
These two look nothing alike!
Afterwards there were lots of treats to consume and consume Kailie did. She was really really high when we got home but she had fun. It is kind of hard to keep track of what she is eating when there is a table full of good treats and she is running around with all the other kiddos grabbing treats as they go!
Photo with the parents.
and with the sibling!
After, we watched the Keck kids while they went to the symphony. Kai and Vannah as Kai calls her showing off their cute backsides.
They wanted to continue their performance at home.
Who needs a stage when you have this awesome patio!!
And a little playing went on as well!!
We are so proud of this little squirt. She was so cute and loved being in the spotlight. We had a blast watching her. This performance will probably always be my favorite because she is so little and cute and just absolutely clueless.
This was the first performance. Sorry about the shaky all over the place camera. Jared is fired from being the videographer between moving all around and laughing it was hard to hold it still!
Tri-pod next time eh!
The second time!
This time the 3 youngster were all together. They are so adorable.
Kai has been obsessed with her costume and watching these videos ever since.
I guess we will continue dancing!
This time the 3 youngster were all together. They are so adorable.
Kai has been obsessed with her costume and watching these videos ever since.
I guess we will continue dancing!
3 comments:
oh my gosh, those are the cutest little bumble bees I've ever seen! your little kids are too cute. Where does Kai get her curly hair from? It seems like both you and jareds hair are pretty straight. She looks like little shirley temple.. love it! & yes, we will be staying with your parents for 2 weeks until we leave for Brazil on June 14th. It was kinda a spur of the moment thing, and we're so lucky that your mom & dad are so kind to let us do that. We sure love them.
So cute!! I want to put my girls in dance when they are older. I love the yellow costumes.
Way too cute! This will be a treasure in the future. It is so nice that she can do this with her friends. She will have to bring her costume and perform for everyone in Utah this summer!
Post a Comment