I am loving this squirt right now!! I am not sure why but the past few months have been really rough for me with her. She was literally driving me nuts and I felt like I was getting mad at her all day long and yelling at her which I hated!! So I have been praying a ton to have more patience with her and it seems to be working. Hawaii was really good for me. It gave the much needed break of our day to day activities and a break from getting mad at her which I am sure she appreciated as well. Since we have been home things are so much better! We have fun together again and she only spends a couple of times in time out instead of all day!
A few highlights of Kailie and what she spends her time doing and saying:
We started doing "school" together which basically means we spend about 1/2 hour or so a day learning a letter or doing a craft. She loves it and asks everyday to it. I have been kind of slacking on it lately! She learned A and B really fast and great and then C she just couldn't grasp. So we took a break and then she finally got C. Now we are on D.
One day right as we were learning B back on Jan 30th we were driving to go bowling and she kept saying something that I just couldn't understand then finally it came to me. She was saying "I see the new letter Mommy B" Sure enough there was a big B on a sign in front of us. Definitely a proud parent moment for me. She actually is learning!
She loves to color with her markers and spends hours doing it. Sometime the color ends up all over her instead of the paper.
She has eased up a bit on her smothering of McKean and finally started to play again on her own. She is a great help with him. She gets diapers for him and his Binky. Every morning when I make him rice cereal she always wants to get it already for me.
Yesterday she mixed his cereal and then asked if she could feed it to him. I let her do it a little bit and she actually did a pretty good job and Kean didn't seem to mind at all!
One day her and I were out working in the yard and I thought we should bring McKean out as well so I asked Kai to go get McKeans green stroller so I could put him in it. I looked up from planting and saw that she had brought out the stroller so I was just going to finish the row I was planting and then go get the baby. Well a few seconds later I hear him crying and look up and Kai had carried him outside and down the concrete steps and was placing him in the stroller. Oh boy did that freak me out. We definitely had a big talk abut that one and told her she is not supposed to pick up or carry McKean anywhere. Thankfully he didn't get hurt.
She loves her Brother and I think is just so excited to have someone to
play with. The other day we were at the Keck's house and she did
something that was naughty and so I told her we had to go home and she
just started crying and saying " I don't want to have to play by
myself." Those words broke my heart cause she is such a social bug and
loves to play with friends, but home we went maybe next time she will
learn not to do disobey me.
Speaking of friends. She could play all day and night with Savanna and Brinley or Briniley as she has been calling her lately. One of their new favorite activities includes jumping off the swing while trying to touch the tree!
She has mostly stopped taking naps. Some days she still does. One of her favorite nap spots is in the guest room on that bed. If she does take a nap, you better watch out when she wakes up because she is always grouchy and crazy when she wakes! Some days I have put her in her room for quiet time. She can play or take a nap whatever she wants. It is nice for me to have some time and good for her as well. We changed the locks on her door and the downstairs bathroom because she wouldn't stay in her room or in time-out so now we can lock her in if we need to. I bought the child proof door handles and those worked for a few weeks and then she figured out how to pull them off the door handle. So now she has no way to get out and it has been a huge lifesaver for time-out. Before time-out was more a punishment for me because she would not stay in it and I would get so mad and frustrated. Now she knows she can't get out and we both are happier!
She asked me to do her hair in braids one day. Not sure where she learned about braids but she loves them and is always wanting them. I need to get better at braiding that is for sure. Speaking of hair she loves my hair to be down and anytime I go to put it up she says " Don't put your hair up Mom, I like it pretty".
While in Hawaii we were playing at a playground while Jared surfed. She found all these golf balls and then walked over to me and had a bunch of them stuffed down her dress as well. Only 3 and already stuffing her bra!! Silly girl.
Who need toys when you have all this other stuff to play with i.e her paints, money, boxes and her newest favorite small plastic cups.
She is getting better at dressing herself but probably about 80% of the time she puts her pants on wrong. It is always funny to see her out riding her bike or something with her pants on backwards!
Although she has a 50/50 chance of putting her shoes on the right feet she pretty much gets it wrong about 90%.
Riding her scooter and her bike are by far her two favorite activities.
Back in April we celebrated her two year mark of having diabetes by enjoying some yummy milkshakes. Take that Diabetes!!
I have been writing down some funny things she has been saying and doing lately so I won't forget:
- One we were getting her ready for bed and she had to eat a snack so while she ate Jared and I were both on our phones doing who knows what. After an undisclosed amount of time Kai who had finished her snack says "I want to go to Bed." Poor thing we both got caught up and forgot about her.
- We were getting ready for Jared's work Christmas party and I was wearing some nice jeans. Jared wanted me to wear some nicer pants like Khakis and I told him I didn't have any Khakis. He starts flipping out, How do you not have Khakis everyone has khakis. I was like, well I haven't found any for a few years that actually fit me so I don't have any. Then he says to me why are you freaking out? Kai says Mommy not freaking out daddy is freaking out. HaHa We both laughed at that one because she was right on. It was super funny!
- Sits on my lap to eat because she is told(cold)
- When she is doing her business on the potty she will yell " I am done" So then we walk in to wipe and she freaks out "No I am not done. Shut the Door"
- We have been reading the Book of Mormon stories with the pictures. She loved the story about Jesus and asks to see the photo of him on the cross every time we read in it. Then she started saying Christ died for me on the cross.
- She also loves the story about Abinidai dying in the fire. For some reason she is really obsessed with dying lately and talks about it all the time.
- Kissing my cheeks: At bedtime we have a routine where we kiss each others cheeks over and over again.
- She has been picking her nose a lot so we have been telling her that she will be ugly if she does that . She always says she wants to be pretty so hopefully this will help her stop.
- The Cougar fight song and the Bringing home a baby bumble bee song are the two most requested at bedtime right now.
- When she prays she seems to forget what to say so I help and then she yells out "Not you-Me."
- Hide and seek is one of her favorite games but she either hides in the same closet every time or under a blanket somewhere.
- She always wants to make sure that McKean is watching her so she will tell us to "Tell Kean to watch me"
- Acting like a Monster and trying to get McKean and I is what we do all day!
- Her favorite words: No, Uh-uh, Why Mommy?, I don't know?
- She loves pink
- She can imitate Kean to a tee. It is pretty funny. I usually have to ask if it was her or McKean that made that noise.
- She is says alot " I'm getting big like you mom. I'm not small any more"\
- Dora she loves Dora and wants to watch it everyday. I try to limit her to just a few times a week.
- She has a Dora Sticker chart. She gets stickers when she is good, nice to friends, doesn't pee her pants, washes her hands for us, etc.
- The other day we were driving home from church and there was a guy in front of us on a motorcycle with a turtle backpack on. She asked what it was and I told her it was a man on motorcycle with a turtle back pack on she replies with "It is a Turtle cycle "
1 comment:
oh my..loved this post. I especially loved the story about kailie carrying mckean..oops! I dropped my baby sister when I was 4 and got in BIG TROUBLE for picking her up. Still remember that day. I moved into your parents house today! They are so kind to let us stay with them. Your dad said you will be coming in August. I hope I can see you ! xoxo
Post a Comment