Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Hollywood studios, epcot

Thursday we headed to Hollywood Studios, Andrea's parents were able to come with us. It was fun but crazy, super crowded and it was closing early for an employee party! We still had fun though. First stop was the Buzz Lightyear ride. We got there at 10 and all the fast passes were already gone so we knew we were in for a long crowded day. We decided to wait for the ride, it said 40 minutes when we first entered and it took over an hour and a half. Which was crazy at least the ride was fun!
The kids were definitely restless so Andrea's mom tried to keep them occupied. Kai loved her!
They did have fun stuff to look at from the movies
and this gigantic Mr. Potato Head that would come on and talk, move and tell some jokes!

You know you are getting closer when you finally get to the glasses!
The ride was crazy and spun you all over while you are trying to shoot the targets it was fun!
Then we headed to watch the car show where they did all sorts of special effects and stunts, it was cool. I was kind of annoyed at having to wait so long and all the people so I took no more photos. We also saw the Beauty and the Beast play and the Little Mermaid show, both were really good. Then the best part of the day, Justin, Andrea's dad, Jared and I along with our 3 year old Kailie headed to do the TOWER of TERROR. I still can't believe we took her on that but she actually really loved it. I think I was more scared than she was. It is a big drop but she was all smiles. She is definitely her Daddy, all adventurous and no fear!! She did get a little bit scared during the video and when we first sat down and she had to sit in her own chair, but she just held our hands. I think since she had no idea what was coming she didn't have the fear of anticipation like I did! So proud of her, she is a rock star! Kean will definitely be too wussy to do that. He is a total wimp!!
Then we just had a few minutes left before closing so we headed into the Honey I Shrunk the Kids playground, the kids had a blast, even if they didn't really get it!
I loved that movie as a kid so it was fun to me to see all the things!



Kean did love all the slides and as I have been thinking about it, it could have been here where he hurt his foot, this slide was fast you just kind of run into the ground. Although he didn't cry after it!
All of us riding the gigantic ant!


These two had fun being together all the time but they also fought a lot which was annoying!

 
Kean did love all the slides. He was always so confused when he would first get out of the tunnel!
After Hollywood, we thought about going to Magic Kingdom but it was getting late, the kids were hungry and it was getting cold so we decided to head back to the hotel. Savanna had a melt down on the way back, I can't remember what started it but nothing would calm her down and she cried the whole way home, it was kind of funny but I know Andrea was about to lose it with her!! Jared and I decided to do our date night and left the kids with Andrea and Justin. We headed to Epcot first, got a fast pass for mission space and then headed to the food and wine expo where we walked around and bought small food samples from the various countries. Most everything we tried was good, my favorite was Germany! We were cruising fast everywhere and then did mission Space which is like you are in the space shuttle being launched. I wuss ed out and did the not so intense one, after eating all that food, I didn't want to get sick. Jared did the real version and said it was cool. 
 
 Then we headed over to  Magic Kingdom to do some rides. It was fun, but freezing and finally around 11 pm the crowds started to clear out and we could go on the rides faster. The Castle was so pretty at night!







We rode all the fun adult rides, the train roller coaster, the haunted house which was super creepy and I would not take Kai on it, Pirates of the Caribbean which was a total let down, I loved that ride as a kid and the Disney world one is lame. Disneyland's is much better, we rode Space Mountain like 7 times. We kept getting fast passes and then running to other rides in between. Space Mountain is by far the best ride at Magic Kingdom. We also did  Buzz lightyear a few times, my goal was to beat Jared and here is the score to prove it. My score, 999,999 Jared's 195,900, numbers don't lie!
It was a fun night, and nice to get out with out having to haul babies and diaper bags and strollers. We had a blast going on all the rides. We didn't get back home till around 2 am. but it was worth it!!

No comments: