Monday, December 3, 2012

Princess Party!

This sweet little girlie is obsessed with princess's and dressing up and then throw in going to Disney World right before her Birthday and there was pretty much no other choice for a party other than Princess.
We decided to invite just the girls in the neighborhood this year, and I tried to keep it pretty low key since we had just gotten back from our trip. 
First activity decorating princess crowns. 
This was hit and Kai still wears hers almost everyday! 

 Then we read a couple of books. "The Paper Bag Princess" and "Falling for Rapunzel". 
The girls seemed to like them.
 Except for the Birthday girl who was too busy trying to figure out the skill of blowing up a balloon. She actually mastered it and has now past me in being able to do something that I have never been able to do.
 
Then it was time for a mermaid relay race. They were supposed to wrap each other in streamers and then race but we ended up having to do it for them.
 
All the princess's ready to race. 
From left to right: 
Sophia, Caira, Brinley, Jaiden, Savanna, Eliza, Kailie and Keiran. 
ALIAS: Cinderella, Rapunzel, Cinderella, Tinkerbell, Snow White, Bell, Cinderella, and Snow White!
 
Off they went.
The rule was they had to hop but Kai and Savanna both took off running. Caira and Sophia won since they both actually hopped. Silly Girls.
 Then it was Pinata time.
It was definitely a little weird to see princess's taking a whack at Cinderella.

 
 This was the money shot and broke her open to expose all of her prizes. 
No candy just fun toys.
 I am so sick of candy and we still have a whole Halloween bucket full of it.

 
Then it was cake time. 
This cake definitely took some time, mostly since I have never made one before and cakes are just a long process but it was fun to make. 
I think I have more fun doing it than the kids have at looking at it.
It is not perfect but we had a brunch that morning with some dear friends from Hawaii that all live here in Texas this morning and I only had a few minutes when we got home to finish decorating it.
This girl loved it and of course it had to be pink and purple since those are her favorite colors.
 

Singing the Happy Birthday song which Kai had been waiting for and was so excited for. The night before on her actual Birthday we never sang to her and when we were putting her to bed she said "you never sang the Happy Birthday song" I felt so bad so we called up daddy and we sang to her right there.
How is she 4 already?



Enjoying some yummy cake. 
I have to say I think this was my best homemade from scratch cake yet. 
It was really moist and I liked!
Kai even ate some which means it was pretty good because she is not a huge cake person.

Present time
Cinderella coloring pad from Caira and Keiran Crosby
A Cinderella coach from Sophia.
An awesome lunch box that my friend Andrea found in Utah that even had her name already engraved on it. She has been asking for one of these ever since she started preschool and even though she doesn't get to stay for lunch she still takes it and wants to put lunch in it every time.
A Tinkerbell coloring book and puzzle from Eliza.
And some princess coloring stuff from Jaiden and Nixie. 
There was definitely a theme, princess and coloring. 
This girl loves both so it was great for her.

Apparently this girl loves coloring as well, especially on her face. 
Silly Madi.

Afterwards we got to spend some time with our dear friends Sean and Tiff and their adorable girls. It was so great to see them.

2 comments:

"This is Living" said...

so cute!! love the cake I am impressed you made that!

Kari said...

What a cute princess. And I'm very impressed with that cake!