Friday, February 6, 2009

The Awesome Gift of Nighttime Sleep!

My cousin Jenn gave me this book and I have to say that it totally works! After talking with many of my friends who's babies won't sleep through the night, I am convinced that if you follow this guidance your baby will sleep! So, for all my friends out there who are extremely exhausted give this book a try, I think it will help. But you really have to follow it!
Kailie started sleeping 5-7 hours at 6 weeks and now she goes 7-8 hours pretty much every night, now I just need to figure out how to keep her warm. It has been pretty cool here at night and Kai will wake up at 5 or 6 am and her little hands, feet, cheeks and nose are cold. Poor thing! I am scared to make her to warm but man you would think that a nighty with the hands covered and two blankets wrapped tight plus a hat would be enough but apparently not! And it is not as though I can just turn up the heat, I don't think Hawaiians even know what heaters are!Any suggestions!

(this picture is when she was 2 weeks old, she doesn't sleep with her hands in the blankets anymore she like to have them above her head.)


(Kind of like this but she doesn't sleep naked!)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are so lucky! Senea didn't sleep through the night until 18 months - and not for lack of trying. But she sleeps through the night now :)

Saundra said...

I just might give that book a try! Eliza sleeps between 6-7 hours at night. Hallelujah! The first child to do so!! Kai is sooo cute! Love the U of U outfit. Hehe. :)