Monday, February 16, 2009

Wednesday Nights!


My last year in College in SLC I was able to work in the Salt Lake Temple on Wednesday nights in the clothing department. Oh how I loved it, it was really fun and I looked forward to it!

When I first moved to Hawaii I was sad that I wouldn't be so close to a temple anymore and not able to go as much! And now I am not able to go at all because they have sadly closed the Laie Temple for remodeling for 18 months which is exactly how much longer we have here.

I was really sad about this when I found out but today at church is when it really hit me how much I miss going to the temple. People in church today talked about going to the temple to get answers to prayers and it hit me how we don't have that option right now. My whole life I lived within ten minutes of a temple and within 1 hour of like 5 temples so it is scary to me not to be able to go. I especially miss being able to put people's names down, I have so many friends and family members that are struggling and I wish I could help them in that way!

Oh how I miss those Wednesday nights!

No comments: