
Apparently from all the crazy looks I get when rolling out and about, roller blading is soo last decade but I think it is awesome and am on a mission to bring it back!! I have been rollerblading since Junior High when my dad bought me my first pair of rollerblades. All through Junior High and High School my friends and I rollerbladed all across Provo and in college I even rolled all around Salt Lake so it is only natural that I roll all over Oahu as well. I have fallen in love with it again and forgot how much fun it is! Goodbye boring workouts, hello fun!! I even convinced Jared to bring out his old blades that we recently found at his parents house and now we try to go at night together!! It is a fun, fast workout that is enjoyable.
So if you are bored with running or whatever, strap on some blades and go for a roll because rollerblading is totally coming back!!
By the way both of our blades are from our Junior High years which pretty much makes them ancient, Jared's work okay but they make a really loud sound. Mine on the other hand are still amazing and I must say that I am sure when my dad bought them for me he probably gave me the lecture "If I am going to spend $90 or so dollars on these then you better take care and use them" well dad I think it is safe to say that you definitely got your moneys worth! These blades will last me a long time more. Just in case you want to join the club and get your own, mine are K2's.
6 comments:
Looks fun! I miss those fun days, and you convinced me to go rollerblade up the canyon while I am here! I wish I could see you guys when you come in August. Our timing is not very good!
Great idea for a workout! Maybe I'll have to give it a try.
you probably got funny looks because you were pushing the baby without a helmet. I'm sure you guys were cruising! Well even if you weren't I'm totally with you on the blades. My mom threatened me so much that I felt guilty when I finally got rid of mine 2 years ago. I should have sent them your way so you could have spread the love a little and had a whole "blading group" going on. New enrichment group maybe?
Gina--I;m with you about bringing back the blades. Cory and I go almost every night. We are usually accompanied by long boarders and bike riders, but a small child told his mom--wow I want some of those. It made me feel pretty cool.....
Well, I am not going to switch my bike, running shows or swim suit for roller blades any time soon, but it does look like fun.
I am planning on going to the reunion picnic but not the dinner/dance thing. Too much money. What about you? I am excited and sad I missed you last time you were here.
I am glad Jared found his old blades - to at least get started on a fun family outing.
Post a Comment