Tuesday, December 21, 2010

A Dicken's Christmas!

 
In our never ending quest to find fun things to do around here we decided to drive to this cute little town
Skaneateles where every weekend during the Holidays they hold A Dickens Christmas Festival. We have heard about it from many different people so off we went. To start off, the town of Skaneateles is so beautiful and surrounds a beautiful lake.
I was hoping to get a Christmas Card picture and this one turned out pretty cute!
The lake is amazing. You could see all the way to the bottom even when it was like 15 feet deep. We hope to come back in the summer to go swimming.
The ghost of Christmas Present
So what is a Dickens Christmas festival??
Well, basically it is a festival where a bunch of the townspeople dress up as characters from the movie and walk around the town. They just hang out talking to all the visitors and they did a great job of staying in character the whole time and talking as though it was that time!!
They stand on corners and sing Christmas carols which was so fun and really made it feel like Christmas!


Carolers a Caroling!!

We got to see Father Christmas! This was Kailie's 4th time seeing a Santa this year and the first time that she didn't absolutely scream when we took her up to him.


And my favorite character we saw-The ghost of Jakob Marley!!
He was awesome!
Sadly we missed a lot of the activities they have because we got there late in true Theler fashion. The biggest bummer was missing the roasted chestnuts. We saw roasted chestnuts at the street vendors in NYC and definitely would have tried them if the look of them didn't make me want to hurl. so I was excited to try them here. Oh well. We also missed the carriage ride they had around town!! I would say there is always next year but in our case this was it since who knows where we will be living next year!
We got some dinner there and Kai was playing in the window. This picture makes me laugh every time I see it. Doesn't she look like an old lady with a big old rump and using the handrail to walk. Plus her face is just great!!
Now that is the Kailie I am used to, no old lady here.
Life is so fun with this little squirt!!
The weather was chilly but not bad, after dinner however once it was dark, it was freezing.
It made for a long cold trek back to our car!!

4 comments:

The Theler's said...

She is so dang cute I love it.

Megz said...

What a scenic little town. I love how you get out so much to experience things. You'll have to let me know how roasted chestnuts are when you actually eat them!

Cory&SadieK said...

I love that little town! Its super cute. I love Kai's cute smile too!

DottieLou said...

Chestnuts are not that tasty so you didnt miss much